Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Building test bed

Old 02-16-2021, 08:42 AM
BartU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Building test bed

Hello Guys,

At the moment I'm building a test bed for my JetCat P20-SX and I want to ask for some help.

- As a power source, I will use a 7,5V Enclosed Switching Power Supply instead of the LiPo Accu. I know that the starter motor draws a high current during start-up (>10A) that's why I think about a 150W power supply (max 20A). Is this a correct assumption?
- For more information about the performance of the engine, I will add some extra sensors (pressure, temp) that will be connected with a DAQ module. I want to build my own GUI in Matlab/Labview with all the measured parameters from my DAQ module and the JetCat ECU. Does someone know how I can read the parameters from the ECU in third party software? Can I simply use the USB Interface adapter and driver software from JetCat or do I have to take some extra work into account?

If you have knowledge of some extra points of attention I have to keep in mind during the build/design of the test bed, every bit of help is welcome!

Greetz!