Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX8 signal strength icon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 10:47 AM
SticknRudder
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX8 signal strength icon?

After landing Carbon Z Cub I noticed what appeared to be a signal strength icon, typically what you'd see on a cell phone. This small icon (4 vertical bars) was located in the upper left hand corner of the Tx display screen. Seemed to disappear on it's own - haven't seen it since. Rx is stock AR637T. There is no reference to this icon in the DX8 manual. Not using any telemetry. Can anyone tell me what this is or why it appeared? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Its the telemetry indicator, you'll only see it while the receiver is on and exchanging telemetry information with the receiver.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:47 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The way that icon works is this:

The presence of the icon means that telemetry is streaming in from the receiver.

The number of bars indicates the control signal strength.

Related to it is an SD icon that will appear if you have configured it on the Telemetry screen (File Settings) to log the telemetry data to your SD card. When the little line under the SD is moving, then telemetry is being saved. If it stops moving, telemetry is not being saved.

You can read the telemetry data later on your PC using the viewer from www.TLMviewer.com

Andy
Old 09-13-2023, 12:56 PM
SticknRudder
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks BarracudaHockey - absolutely right! I missed page 18 in the manual. Only problem I have is that I don't have any telemetry modules attached! Anyway, I guess it's working! Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

The T in 637T means Telemetry and its sending telemetry about lost frames and such without any other sensors.