Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Receiver Crystal Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 03:39 PM
tkosier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver Crystal Change

Danny,

1) I recently changed my R600 receiver crystal from CH52 to CH60 ( to use with a CH60 JR 421 transmitter) and have experienced some pretty severe glitching - the rudder intermitantly swings from side to side. Is this too much of a change in channel number?

2) What is the acceptable behavior of an rc plane, with respect to glitching, servo buzzing etc., when the transmitter is turned off and the receiver is on? At home, the plane is quiet, at the flying field, the servos jump and move. What gives?

Thanks TK, Jupiter FL
p.s. I really enjoy this forum!
Old 07-22-2002, 05:01 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Receiver Crystal Change

Changing the crystal may or may not be the culprit. Your receiver may have been out of tune such that the change in frequency made the issue worse. It may also be some outside interfearance on the new frequency. If it is just the rudder doing this, it may also be the servos oscilating and has nothing to do with interfearance. I do not recommend having the receiver on, without the transmitter on. You can overdrive servos, and other problems doing this. You may want to send that receiver in for a check out some time soon to see if there are any problems with it. I hope this helps!