Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Servo & RX Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 08:30 PM
mikecdrew
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo & RX Compatability

Hi, I am new to the hobby. I have a second JR Quattro TX that I use as a buddy box for my Alpha Trainer. But it has no crystal. I have another plane I am building. I would like to use my second radio.

I am very confused on compability of servos and receivers. I believe I can buy a four channel receiver or higher as long as it is FM from either Hitec or JR? Is GWS an option as well? I know I will need two crystals as well, so can I use JR crystals in a Hitec receiver, and vice versa, are they compatable? Basically, do I always have to stick with the same brand, or can I mix and match to a degree? What do I need to look out for?

I also have 3 Futaba servos from a field box I bought. Can I use these with a JR, Hitec, or GWS? Or can I use only JR servos with JR, Hitec with a Hitec RX, or are servos 'generic' in nature? Thanks?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:03 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo & RX Compatability

I always recommend matching the brand of crystal to the receiver in question. If you are using a JR receiver, use a JR crystal, if using a Hitec receiver use a Hitec crystal, unless otherwise instructed by the manufacturer of the receiver. Hitec and GWS do make some receivers that will work with JR, but be sure if you do get these to get the JR specific version or they will not work. Generally speaking, most servos will work with other brands. I do recommend using all the same brand equipment though, because it is a matched set up and designed to work with each other. Simple things such as pin sizes of the connectors can be different and cause problems, also if you do have a problem, it will be difficult for either manufacturer to pin point the problem as each will only know their own equipment.