Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Century 7...another question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 07:31 PM
sslayman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Century 7...another question

Danny,
Hi, I just bought a 1993 model JR Century 7 radio. I had one years ago and liked it (no Mikey jokes) so I had to have this one. It's in great condition, but I've got a question about the receiver that came with it and the module that's in the transmitter. The receiver is a 226X six channel FM (it originally came with a 327 I believe) on 72.870 channel 54. Now the module in the trans is a PCM FM on 72.870 with a gold sticker that reads "R/CMA RFCHECK AMA". No date on the sticker. The radio appears to work as it moves the servos and nothing funny happens. I'm I wrong here or I'm I loosing it. I didn't think that PCM and FM got along even if on the same channel. This module has come from Horizon Hobby Distributors. There is no serial number or anything else on it other than the FCC tag "FCC ID: BRWNET72FP". Have I been hoodwinked? Other than sending it back to the guy I bought it from, what are my other options? Oh BTW, the FCC tag on the transmitter is "FCC ID: BRW8ZC72FM". Could I drop an "FM" module in this radio? Sorry for all the questions. I've been out of the radio part of R/C for about ten years. Doing allot of building and making a living but no flying.

Thanks for your time,
Scott Slayman[&o]
Old 08-24-2004, 10:46 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Century 7...another question

The modules are capable of being used with FM and PCM, this is determined by the TX being used. It sounds like you have the correct equipment.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:16 AM
sslayman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny,
Thanks for the quick answer. Since I had one of these radios when they first came out, I wasn't sure they were compatable. Everything looks good at this time. Solid as a rock.

Scott Slayman
Old 08-26-2004, 09:18 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear! Have fun!