Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 810G Servo with Futaba GY 240

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 09:23 PM
89X-Cell60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 810G Servo with Futaba GY 240

Hello Danny,

I just got JR 810G servo for my MA X-Cell 60 Bell 230 ship. When I turned it on the servo goes to full throw, then once the gy240 initializes the servo centers itself. I have a Hobbico Volt Watch and the LEDs got to the "LOW" side when the servo is hard over when I first turn it on. This tells me that the servo is stalling out. This servo is giving out a very "HIGH" pitch sound, to the point of being annoying. I'm afraid to put my tail rotor linkage back on because the first time this happened it bent the tail rotor push rod. Plus, when it is centered, I can move the servo arm by 2 to 3 mm before it pulls a load and stops moving. The place that I purchased it from said to contact you. The servo when hooked up to the receiver does not do the hard over, but it still has the high pitch sound and the center is still sloppy. The JR 2035 servo does not have this problem with the hard over and I can't move it at all when it is centered. I have flown this ship in the Pod and Boom with the GY240 and JR 2035 servo for six months.

This is what I have:
JR 347 with the Z-PCM receiver
Futaba GY 240 on non-heading hold (I don't like using heading hold)
1650ma NMHi battery
Servo that the 810G replaced is a JR 2035 (worked fine this this servo, went with the 810 because I was worried about the 2035's age)

Thanks again for your help,

David
Old 09-10-2004, 09:21 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 810G Servo with Futaba GY 240

The 810 does make noise while it is operating and this is normal. It sounds like the hard over condition you are seeing is part of the gyro initialization. The set up should be set such that the servo moving hard over will not cause locking or binding. Only if the gyro has a servo travel limiter can you reduce the amount of travel that the servo can go. The gyro initialization process often depends on the servo connected to it.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:55 AM
89X-Cell60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Danny for getting to this so quickly

Yea, unfortunately the GY240 does not have the limiting feature like the GY401. I have the 7 channel receiver with a MatchBox hooked up to it, hence the reason for the GY240 instead of the 401 that needs an extra channel. Someone on RunRyder said to just undo the linkage every time it is turned on, but since this is in a fuselage I do not have easy access.

I will get with the company I purchased it from to see if they will be kind enough to swap it for something else. I will let them know you told me it is fine, but that I cannot do the fixes for my situation for it to work properly.

Thanks,

David

FYI, you will be seeing my X-347 in a couple of weeks, the 3 Volt on board battery will need to be replaced. It's only 10 or so years old [X(]
Old 09-10-2004, 01:37 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it is about time to have the 347 checked out. No problem. Let us know if you have any further questions.