Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Transmitter Modules

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 08:30 PM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Transmitter Modules

Is there a reason the Horizon site does not have JR Transmitter modules listed anywhere? All they list are crystals. Is JR implying that we can now just change crystals and be legal? Where can I buy a new JR module if Horizon doesn't carry them?

Jon Lowe
Old 09-12-2004, 03:31 AM
min

Default RE: JR Transmitter Modules

Could I add a Q. to that, If I want to change the Freq. from say, 40Mhz to 35Mhz or 72Mhz should i change the module and crystal only?

TC
Old 09-13-2004, 09:47 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure why it isn't coming up, I know I saw them on there last week. I'll have to check on that. The module is part number JRPTXM** where you replace the ** with the channel number you want it on. No, we are in no way impling anything of that sort. We carry the modules, and it is not legal to change the freqency of a module except when performed by an authorized service center, per the FCC.

You would only need to change the module w/ a new crystal to change bands.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:15 PM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Well, I called Horizon Hobby, and they don't have ANY modules in stock, much less one on my frequency, nor did they have a clue when they would!! Do you have any idea? Where do I send one to get the frequency changed? The only thing under the support side of your website is something on warranty returns, nothing on repairs or frequency changes. What is the cost to get the frequency changed? What is the turn around time? Is there a service form I should use? If so, where do I get it? Do I need to include credit card info, or will you call or email me?

I suggest you put a "sticky" at the top of this forum on info on how and where to send JR equipment for repairs. The Futaba forum does this, so it is readily available.

Thanks!

Jon Lowe

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

I'm not sure why it isn't coming up, I know I saw them on there last week. I'll have to check on that. The module is part number JRPTXM** where you replace the ** with the channel number you want it on. No, we are in no way impling anything of that sort. We carry the modules, and it is not legal to change the freqency of a module except when performed by an authorized service center, per the FCC.

You would only need to change the module w/ a new crystal to change bands.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:35 PM
dsnyder

It does appear we are out of stock on the modules. Some hobby stores may still have them in stock.

The cost of a frequency change is the price of a crystal plus $7.50 in labor plus shipping, assuming there isn't anything wrong with the module. Here is a checklist for service repairs:

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/medi...rchecklist.pdf
Old 09-20-2004, 02:22 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Can you just send the module in or does it require that you send in the whole transmitter??
Old 09-20-2004, 04:33 PM
dsnyder

You can send in just the module if you wish.