Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 And Negative Differential

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 09:27 AM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 And Negative Differential

Hi Danny,
I need your help again. I am putting together a 2.6 Composite-Arf Extra and the instructions say to add negative differential because of the location of the hinge line. Can you tell me how to program "negative" differential" into the 8103? As always, I appreciate the time you spend with me and others in need.
John
Old 09-13-2004, 10:08 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 And Negative Differential

The only way to achieve this would be to swap channels that you have the servos plugged in to in the receiver if say you have positive expo now (up going aileron travels further than down). If you swap the channels in the receiver, it will reverse the effect of differential, but won't affect aileron travel. If you are using any type of flaperons or spoilerons, it will reverse these as well, so you will need to reverse those functions as necessary by going from + to - percentages or vice versa.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:22 AM
John Murdoch

Danny.. Help me understand this a little more. So I now have the TX on the flaperon setting in the acro mode. I have the right aileron plugged into channel 2, the ail port and the left aileron in the aux 1 port.

So what you're telling me to do is to change those port inputs, putting the right aileron into the aux 1 port and put the left aileron into the channel 2 or ail channel and that'll reverse the differential?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:50 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is correct. You can also accomplish this through aileron travel ajdust, but this is more cumbersome in the set up.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:56 AM
John Murdoch

Thank you sir!