Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP642 Flperon, flap, gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:25 AM
rdeis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP642 Flperon, flap, gear

Got a complex one I've been thinking about for a while- Is it possible:

Aileron, Aileron, gear, flap, throttle, elevator.

2 ailerons for differential and also to mix in with the flaps.

Need 3 flap positions: up, camber for takeoff, and fully deployed for landing.

I'm asking too much from this radio, aren't I.. That's an 8-channel's job.

OK, I know I can get all the functions if I drop to a single aileron servo

But even then how do I get 3 positions on the flaps? Could I mix flaps and gear such that when both switches are down I get gear and lots of flap, gear switch only gets gear and a little flap, and flap switch only gets a little flap and no gear?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:14 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XP642 Flperon, flap, gear

This is a bit more than this particular system is normally used for. To get another flap position with another switch you can set up, say a gear to gear mix (if you are using the gear channel ch 5 for the flaps), assign the mix to a switch, and enter in a percentage to get the travel needed. I think you can get the basics with this system, but if you are wanting many more features, an upgrade in systems may be required.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:14 AM
rdeis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO this system has given me far more than the basics! For nearly 10 years it's exceeded all my needs, only now that I'm moving into scale electrics am I bumping against its limits. (-:

Anyhow: I should be able to do this with flaps and gear together as well, right? Put flaps on 6, gear on 5, and set one of the custom mixes to 5-6/always on.

Then with gear down the flap switch gives me "partial down (takeoff)" and "full down (landing)" positions, and with gear up the flap switch gives me "flaps up" and "partial down" positions, though Ill have to tweak percentages to get the gear-up and gear-down partial flap locations to match

If I have gear, though, it looks like I'll nead a new Tx or an on-board mixer to drop the ailerons with the flaps. Right?
(Hard to complain too much about adding $30 and 3 grams for something esoteric like this..)

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:03 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you should be able to do that.