Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Range Check Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Check Questions

Dear Danny,

Just a couple of questions:

1. Are mini Rxs such as the R770S less sensitive in terms of range than larger such as the R900S? In other words if I perform a range check with both with fully closed Tx antenna, whose max range will be larger?

2.I recently had a "light" crash (Rx was covered with foam and did not seem to crash with other objects such as wooden parts, stones etc.) with a 770 and then performed I range check with fully clsosed Tx antenna. What is roughly the max distance that is considered to be safe? I notced that after 35 meters there was delay in the received signal and after some more meters no signal at all. After raising the antenna slightly signal was back. Is that normal? As far as I remember larger Rxs don't do that. If my methodology is wrong please let me know how I can perform a correct range check.

I really look forward to your reply,

Regards,

Nick
Old 09-23-2004, 08:41 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Range Check Questions

1. They may be slightly different, but overall they should be very similar. Since they are a different electrical design, the range can be different (neither has a clear advantage in this area), but they would perform similarly.

2. 35 meters should be adequate range, that equates to roughly 110 feet which I would consider safe. Generally if the receiver gets damaged in a crash it will damage the crystal or crystal filter, which should show up either immediately (not work) or show up in range testing. To be certain though, it may be best to send the receiver in for a check up to your nearest JR service facility. Here is an article on range testing that may help:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Explore/...ArticleID=1079
Old 09-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that. When you say it will show up in range testing what exactly do you mean?

Regards,

Nick
Old 09-24-2004, 08:44 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The range will be poor if there is a problem.