Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Setting the offset in a mix

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 07:35 PM
arno
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting the offset in a mix

Danny, I don't know if you may have had this answered before but I am not sure I am setting the offsets the easiest way. I made a throttle-throttle mix and used the snap button for a kill switch. To set the throw of the throttle arm for kill, I had to set POS 0 to +150 & +0. I moved the throttle stick to high and stored the offset at +86. Next I moved the throttle stick to low and while pressing the snap for POS 1 I have +0 & +20. That gives me enough throw to kill the engine with the throttle trim set to center. What I am asking is do you have any simple instructions for setting these POS 0 and POS 1 values. Thanks.
Arno
Old 09-23-2004, 09:00 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Setting the offset in a mix

To set the pos 0 and pos 1 values simply requires flipping the switch to the position you want to set and moving the master channel to the position you want to set, and enter the value needed. To go from the upper value to the lower value you move the master channel of the mix. If you have entered an offset, to say to low stick or high stick, you may only be able to set the lower or upper value, but this generally is not an issue because if in the mix you can't get it to move to the other value, while the radio is operating it will not get to this value either. An offset is used to re-define the center position of the master channel for the mix, for instance if you are setting a throttle cut or something similar, and want the "kick point" or point at which the mix will go from the lower value to the upper value to be something other than half stick, you can enter and offset with the stick at the point you want and this new point will be the new "kick point" of the mix.