Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

622 controling three engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:58 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 622 controling three engines

622 controling three engines

Pardon the naivety of the question but this is my first experience with mixing on a JR. I only started switching from Futaba to JR a few years ago.

The radio is a 652 and this is a three-engine setup. I downloaded the XP652 manual but it doesn’t totally agree with what I find in the radio.

I am attempting to slave outboard engine left (channel 5, switch elevator) to throttle and outboard engine right (channel 6, switch aileron) to throttle. The purpose is to be able to shut either outboard engine back to idle (idle plus 10%) in flight to simulate an engine shutdown on either side from a variety of throttle positions. The only way I have found to remove the gear and flap switch effect is to set gear/flap travel to zero in both directions. It also appears that the only way to move the outboards to low throttle when an engine switch is turned off is to set the travel in one direction to zero. I would also prefer to be able to shut the center engine to idle without affecting the outboards. With the 652 a method to accomplish simulated center engine shutdown hasn’t been discovered.

Likely these questions have been asked before. Maybe you could steer me towards previous discussions or answers. Or at least point me in the most appropriate direction to explore.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Stanley
Old 09-27-2004, 10:04 AM
dsnyder

Default RE: 622 controling three engines

What you are describing is far past the capabilities of the 652 system and just isn't going to be possible. For these type of functions I would recommend at a minimum the 8103, the 9303 or 10X would also be good choices.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
BillS

Default RE: 622 controling three engines

Thanks for the response. I had begun to suspect that the 652 might not be up to the task of simulated center engine shutdown. It does appear that by using both elevator and gear switch to control the left engine a percentage offset from idle is very possible on simulated engine shutdown. Exploring the capabilities of the radio was very interesting. We’ll see. Thanks again.