Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 Jitter

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 09:00 PM
dfleig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 Jitter

Danny,

I'm quite new to R/C where you need more than two channels so this may be a set of bonehead questions. I purchased a new heli version of the 8103 about a month ago to use for a raptor I finally ordered this week. I've been playing with Real Flight G2 and have noticed that the calibration indicators in RFG2 would jitter a bit when using the 8103 but chalked it up to the cheap G2 usb controller interface. Tonight though I noticed that with the receiver (549x) and servos (5x537s) fired up, that even they jitter a bit when the sticks are pushed to the extreme edges (not forcefully though). Even the Servo Output Indicator screen shows a jittery channel every once in a while. Everything seems rock solid when the sticks are centered so I'm assuming this isn't really a problem but I wanted to check to be sure. One other nagging issue around this is that I have to use the trim to center the aileron on the Servo Output Indicator. (tell me truthfully, do you have when people use that as an indicator of troubles? <g>)

Concerning the 549x receiver, I've got three DS811's and a GY401/9254 coming with the raptor and, from other posts in this group, it sounds like it's going to be a jitter fest with the 549x. Has the fix for the 549 you've mentioned in past posts been integrated into production or is it still a 'send it in for a fix' item? Is there any way to tell if the 549 has already been fixed?

Thanks for the help!
David
Old 10-04-2004, 02:17 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 Jitter

Actually the servo monitor is a good place to go to verify if issues are with a model or with the transmitter. It helps narrow things down quite often. Most of the time, simulators show very fine increment movements that in the real world don't really exist. It is possible that the movement you are seeing on the servos and monitor could be slight movements by your hand that it is picking up. Does it continue while holding it still with light pressure against the stop? If so, it may be best to send it in for a check up as soon as it is convenient.

Actually there is no fix for the 549, any jittering issues with it and digital servos etc is a hit and miss issue. Some customers have problems, others don't. The more digital servos, high performance servos, etc used, the more likely issues of jittering become.