Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Programming guide suggested amendment

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR Programming guide suggested amendment

G'day Danny,

have just re programmed my Hog for dual elevator servos as per the guide. One thing I would like to point out that some people including myself may get caught by and that is the SPOIL channel offset.

As this channel is a bit like the gear ch in that it is either offset to one end or the other what I found was that when giving my hog full down elevator that I had one half going ful and the other stopping at about 1/2.

What I noticed was that in my mix the offset said +170 for the spoil ch. Now this had me stumped for a bit and thought it may have been the servo travel that needed to increase.

What I ended up having to do was to go to the servo offset function, and put in a -170 offset to bring the spoil ch back to neutral. Now this may be a + or - value depnding on servo reversing.

anyway just thought I would provide this feedback.

cheers
Peter
Old 10-07-2004, 04:23 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Programming guide suggested amendment

In the programming described in the guide, you are to inhibit the spoi channel with a spoi to spoi mix where the rates are both set to -100% (actually these percentages will need to match the travel adjust values, if the travel adjustment of the spoi channel is other than 100% you'll need to match the spoi to spoi mix percentage with the travel adjust to cancel it). Neither the elevator to spoi mix, or spoi to spoi mix should have any offset.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Danny,
I did the spoiler to spoiler mix as per the guide but the offset of +170 was present on the spoiler ch.

The spoiler was inhibited and yes the -100% values matched the travel adjust value which was also 100.

What I found was that the spoiler ch defaults to being at about 3/4 of it's travel or at 170% offset from what would be neutral for say a ch like alerons or rudder. Now what it would be logical for it to be like that as the spoilers are like a retract ch - either on or basically off. so I just set them back to a neutral postion with the -170%offset.

Maybe I stuffed up something in anther part of my programming to cause this offset. Not sure, I'm no expert on these radios but it is now working correctly.

I did try moving the aux2 pot and playing with the switches but that had no effect on this offset value and I could not get rid of it - the 170% that is

cheers
Peter
Old 10-08-2004, 10:13 AM
dsnyder

It sounds like something else is going on, no offset should be required. The spoi to spoi mix centers the aux 2 channel. Perhaps another mix or some other function is causing the problem.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

hmm not sure, I only have the 2 mixes setup for the elevators. Maybe the software is slightly different on a 3810 compared to the US version?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:08 AM
dsnyder

While that may be possible, I'm not sure what could be different to cause that. Did you do a reset before doing the mixing, if not there may be some other function affecting things? I'm not real sure what may be happening there, but glad it is working for you now.