Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Program for Choke Switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Tricktrack
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Program for Choke Switch

I currently have my choke setup on channel 5 and am running it off of the gear switch. I have ran into inadvertantly hitting that switch instead of the elevator D/R switch.

Can I program the choke to still use channel 5 but be activated by the program mix switch or one of the aux knobs?
Old 10-17-2004, 06:45 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: Program for Choke Switch

You sure can... I just did this last night. I programmed mine to the snap roll switch (who uses that thing anyway?). It's my experience that I don't want the choke on anything but a temporary switch or you will eventually accidentally hit it (I have too).

Here's how... keep your choke servo plugged into the gear channel. Inhibit the gear channel in the radio. Use a spare P-Mix and mix the gear (5) with itself. Leave it at 0 offset. Select origin mix. Select SNP as POS 1 and leave all the rest as POS 0. Set values in POS 0 to -100 on top and + 100 on bottom (use the gear switch to toggle between the top and bottom values). Set values in POS 1 to + 100 on top and -100 on bottom (use the Snap Roll switch to access Pos 1 and use the Gear switch to toggle between top and bottom values). Set the Travel of the choke servo as desired from code 12.

With this setup the Snap roll switch will control the choke servo between open and closed and the position of the gear switch is irrelevant (won't affect servo at all). I am using the Gear switch to toggle between 2 different throttle curves.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Tricktrack

That is exactly what I want to do. I am not sure it is 100% clear but I will give it a try.

How do you inactivate the gear switch (I ask before I have picked up the manual)?

Also, can you explain how you are using the gear switch for two different throttle curves and exactly what that is for? I ask because I am running a DA-50 and I dont see a lot of difference between 1/2 and full throttle and it picks up RPM pretty quick when advacing the stick as if there is not a lot of a low curve. Just thinking this might be something for me to use to get a more precise throttle response.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:31 PM
sillyness

Lets see...

...Code 17 allows you to inhibit channels. Make sure it says GEAR: INH. As a matter of fact... I have ALL the other channels inhibited.

The throttle curve is great. All gas engines (including my DA-50) have a lot of RPM gain in the bottom half of the throttle range. All you do is go to Code 18 and you should see a curve (after you select yes or no to servo hold... selecting yes allows you to move the throttle stick while your motor is running without changing the throttle servo... it's so you can make adjustments at the field without shutting down). The curve will only have 3 points as it is... Low, mid, and high. As you move the throttle stick you will see the vertical line move across the screen and every now and then the word STORE will pop up on the bottom of the screen. Pressing STORE inserts a new point in the curve. After you set all your point locations, you can assign values to them. I lowered the values of all the points except the high point so I got a shallow curve in the bottom half of the throttle range and a steeper curve in the second half, it looks sort of like 1/2 of an exponential graph... I wish I could draw a picture. After you set your curve, go run your engine and keep adjusting the curve until you get a definite RPM change with each click of the throttle stick.

I use the gear switch to select a second throttle curve where the bottom couple points are a little higher. What this does is allows me to select between a higher idle for flight and a lower idle for landing. Pretty slick. In order to enable the gear switch, go to Code 18 and press PAGE. Select P1 gor the Gear switch and leave the rest at P0. Now, flip the gear switch and you will see a whole new curve (the P1 curve). I copied all the points from my P0 curve (wrote down the IN and OUT numbers from P0 and re-input them in the P1 curve) except the bottom couple which are slightly higher.

Make sense? Hope it helps.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Tricktrack

Sorry for the ignorance, but is this on the 8103? I can not find anything on codes anywhere, aybe I am just over looking it. I am also not finding anything for a throttle curve.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:08 AM
sillyness

Doh... I thought you had a 10X... nevermind.