Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 manual, what gives...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:02 PM
sammyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 manual, what gives...

First let me start by saying that I have been out of the hobby for about 3-4 years but am getting back into it with a Raptor 50 and the 9303. This radio is awesome, so far I have been able to figure out most of what I needed but I have to say the manual is lacking in areas. I have some questions and am hoping someone can help:
1. On the radio itself I have 2 Aux 2 switches listed as Aux 2 - the THold switch and the aux 2 next to the aile d/r switch. Then in the manual it only lists the Aux 2 (one on the front) and the Aux 4 as the rudder D/R. But on the radio it list my FMode as Aux 4. I am trying to reassign switches but it does not seem to be taking and I am pretty sure it is an ID10T (pr I D ten T) error :-). I want to set my rudder D/r to be my gear switch with no luck. Also if possible I would like to use the Aux 2 on the front as my N/St1/St2 switch but it does not seem to take when I set it. Am I missing something. What switch is Aux 1,2,3,4 and so on.

2. Under the Device Sel menu (holding down enter at cold start) what is the Rud Trim setting and also what is the OUT setting right next to it, read the manual more than once and can't seem to find it.

3. Under the throttle curve and the pitch curve what are the In and Out numbers below Exp, am I missing something

4. I want the two trim levers on both side to be disabled completely, think I have it now but is there any thing I need to know about that?

I appreciate any help in advance.
SammyD
Old 10-20-2004, 01:54 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 manual, what gives...

1. In heli mode the front 3 position switch is the aux 2 channel. The other switch may be used with aux 2 in other modes. The flight mode switch in heli is the aux 4 switch as well. Keep in mind that these functions can be changed to other switches, and in other aircraft types they may be set up on different switches. You can see the function of each switch by going to the servo monitor, or by looking at the device select function.

2. The rudder trim function in device select allows you to either have the rudder trim to be fixed in all flight modes (COM) or to have different rudder trim in each flight mode (FM). The OUT there doesn't relate to the rudder trim, but rather pertains to the functions to the right of it, and basically the OUT value in that row states if the output of that function is active or inhibited.

3. The IN value shows the current value of the throttle stick position, and the OUT value shows what the output value to the servos will be. It just puts a number on stick position vs true output value.

4. Just inhibit pitch trim in device select, and aux 3 in device select as well. Then don't set up any mixes using them and they should have no effect.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:25 AM
dshepard

Danny,

First of all thanks for the great support. I do have a comment on the manual supplied with the radio. I have the helicopter version (and have ordered the balance weeks ago) and while it is helpful, it is not a very good manual. This manual show you how to program a helicopter by using examples. What this manual lacks is telling us what the radio can really do. If the examples don't show you how to use all the functions, you will never know. For example, I had asked you what does FROL mean when I was programming my Ultra Stik? I went through all of the PDF manuals doing an electronic search and it never came up.

Obviously somewhere there is a description of ALL of the available functions for ALL three types of systems. Could this information be made available to us owners on the Horizon Hobbies website?

Thanks!!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:56 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of any other manuals or guides at this time.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:29 PM
sammyd

Default Thanks for the help!!!

Again I must say this radio is by far the best I have ever used and that is a pretty long list!
Sam