Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 9303 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:52 PM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 question

Just got my new 9303 air version. I used the manual to set up the dual elevator function on my Funtana 90. I inhibited the flap switch and the elevators work fine. But when I go to adjust the throws on the elevator the two sides do not adjust together, I have to adjust one side on the elevator adjustment and the other side on the flap adjustment. The elevator trim tab works evenly on both elevator halves.

Is this normal or did I do something wrong? My 8103 did not have this situation.

Thanks,
Jim

BTW, it seems like the 9303 is a beautiful piece of equipment as were all the JR radios I have owned!
Old 10-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR 9303 question

Racer,

Use the Travel adjust (ATV) to match the elevator halves so they move together. Then use the D/R screen to set the flying rates.

Dual elevators can be a tough thing to get matched perfectly. Spend time to make sure that the mechanical linkages are matched. The more subtrim or poor alignment you have mechanically, the tougher it will be to match the elevators electronically in the TX.

Once the linkages are setup as well as possible then use the ATV on the two separate elevator channels to adjust the endpoints of each servo respectively. This could result in say Elev #1 servo being 120% up and 116% down. Then elevator #2 servo being like 110% up and 115% down. This Travel adjust setting could for instance equal the 40degs of travel up and down on each elevator half. The larger the deviation you have in the ATV settings(90% one way and 120% the other, or servo to servo) the more time you should spend on the mechanical geometry of your linkages.

Once these deflections match in the travel volume then you can use the rates dialed in equal percentages like 80% or 70% and both elevator sides should track in the percentages. Be aware that any deviations when dialing the rates back are direct result of the linkages.

Good Geometry is always the key on matching surfaces.

Hope this helps

Troy Newman
Team JR