Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

PCM receiver

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 05:24 PM
francois118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM receiver

Danny,

many has been said about draining your rx battery. Some people tend to switch of the TX and leave the battery on for the RX. Problem is this could damage your servos if their is noise on your frequency. Is their a risk with the pcm receiver?If their is no signal from the TX , the RX will only go into fail safe(?) and your servos most probably will be fine because of the filtering of the RX. Is their a risk for both the servos and the RX if the TX is switched off?

Thanks

Francois
Old 11-12-2002, 09:22 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM receiver

I would not recommend doing this. To cycle a battery I would recommend using a cycler designed for this purpose. Leaving the power on may drain the battery to a point of reversing a cell and ruining the battery pack. In PCM lock out, there is no real damage risk to the servos, as the servos will either hold their position, or rotate to a pre-set position and hold that position. If they are holding a position that causes a lot of servo drain, i.e. lots of binding, you could damage servos.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:46 AM
francois118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM receiver

Danny,

is their a risk for the PCM receiver, seeing that their is no signal for a extended period of time ?

Thanks

Francois
Old 11-13-2002, 01:57 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM receiver

There would be no risk to the receiver for any damage, though over time systems do lose their tuning, so you should send your equipment in for a check up on a semi-regular basis, i.e. every year or so.