Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10x issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:31 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10x issues

Danny,

Today while flying my 10x I had an issue I would like to ask you about, Let me tell you the story as best I remember it.

Second flight of the day, turn on the airplane (check both receiver batteries are working) Turn on the ignition check all surfaces are moving in the correct direction. Start the engine, and on the run-up I feel the engine is too lean (luckily). Shut the engine off with the choke walk back to the field box to get a screwdriver to adjust the engine. (Transmitter is still in my hand.)

As I get back to the plane I lean down and I hear a beep from the transmitter. I look down at it to find the screen off. I cycled the switch a few times and nothing was displayed. (I knew the battery was around 11 volts before the shutoff)

I Removed and replaced my battery, nothing. (At this point I had checked the lights and one was on (- normal) but could not control my model) I asked another JR flier if I could borrow his battery for a test and my screen came back on. He tried mine and he had no issues. I replaced my original pack in and I everything was fine. I flew the transmitter with a foamie for the rest of the day with no issues, I however was afraid to fly anything else.

As one the one light I am running the spectrum module however I do not believe this is relevant to the issue. Is it possible some of the contacts were dirty / lose and this would happen?

Can I trust the radio with giant scale (40%) aircraft?

Thank you.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:40 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 10x issues

It sounds like either the screen overheated or there is some other issue with the screen. Was the screen dark when you looked at it or was it the same color as when the system is off?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 AM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Also, if the screen is exposed to direct sunlight sometimes they will turn dark. get it out of the sun and it's OK again.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:32 PM
RobT

The screen looked like the system was completely off.

I did not think of it at first but when I did try to operate the airplane I had nothing. If it was just the screen I think I would not have had an issue.

I also leave the transmitter out of the sun while not flying as to ensure the transmitter / screen does not heat up.

Any other possibilities?

Thank you again,
Old 06-26-2007, 08:39 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the screen was the normal light green color and the system was not operating then it is either a battery or system problem. If you are sure the battery is ok, I would send the system in for a check up.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
RobT

Thank you,

Rob