Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Question regarding JR G500t gyro...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:39 PM
RudiF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding JR G500t gyro...

I have got a JR 378 and JR 490T (G500T) gyro on a raptor 30 v2. My questions is when bench testing if I move my right rudder stick quickly to the right or left the servo (JR 8700) goes nuts - it gets jittery rotating to the left and right repeatedly until I switch the receiver off. That happen in rate or HH mode. If I move the rudder stick left or right slowly it moves as it should without a problem. I have tried adjusting the gain but it is still the same. Is this normal? I haven't try it in flight as it is a new gyro and servo which I have just installed.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:44 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question regarding JR G500t gyro...

When this happenes, if you lightely touch the servo arm does it stop? If so it is simply overshoot oscillation which will not happen in the air with flight loads. If it does not stop, check all the connections to be sure nothing is loose and unplug and reinstall the connectors a few times to be sure they are clean and making good contact. Check to make sure the servo is not mounted too rigidly, and that there is no slop or play anywhere.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:13 PM
RudiF

OK, I found the problem - it turns out to be my pitch servo works on the gyro. Do you get some type of wire insolation that will eliminate this problem? Otherwise I will just try to keep the wires separate. The funny thing is the pitch servo (JR 539) keep on buzzing, no matter what. Any advise?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 AM
dsnyder

I'm sorry to say that I'm not following your question on the wires. Can you expand on your question there. Servos can and do make noise in operation, generally the more load on the servo the more noise they will make.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:12 AM
RudiF

OK, the pitch servo(JR539) make a buzzing sound the whole time and it is not a digital servo. All my other servo's are JR 537 and they do not make any buzzing noise except when the rotating which is normal. When all the servos is plugged in the rx with the rudder, the rudder servo make some weird movements when moving the rudder stick left or right. When the pitch servo is plugged out the rudder work 100% correct. I did plugged in another servo JR 537 and it seems OK but as soon as this servo wires touch the ones from the rudder it seems to get weird again but not that bad as with the JR539 servo. Is this a problem with the buzzing of the servo that interfere with the gyro or is there a problem with the rx?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:33 AM
RudiF

OK, the pitch servo(JR539) make a buzzing sound the whole time and it is not a digital servo. All my other servo's are JR 537 and they do not make any buzzing noise except when the rotating which is normal. When all the servos is plugged in the rx with the rudder, the rudder servo make some weird movements when moving the rudder stick left or right. When the pitch servo is plugged out the rudder work 100% correct. I did plugged in another servo JR 537 and it seems OK but as soon as this servo wires touch the ones from the rudder it seems to get weird again but not that bad as with the JR539 servo. Is this a problem with the buzzing of the servo that interfere with the gyro or is there a problem with the rx?
Old 12-03-2007, 09:43 AM
dsnyder

What receiver are you using? It could be a feedback issue with the receiver. Or there could be an issue with a servo or connection problem.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
RudiF

My receiver is a JR 770. It looks like I solve the problem - I have used shrink tubing around the gyro and Rudder servo wires and replaced the pitch sevo with a JR 537. The rudder works like a dream - well on the bench it seems.