Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX3 has barely any steering to the right

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:57 AM
TheOtherSide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX3 has barely any steering to the right

Hey... need a bit of help with my Spektrum DX3 please.

Just got it used off e-bay... and in good shape, and I'm bench testing the receivers & servos etc.... and have next to no steering action to the right. Left has lots of movement... but there is almost none to the right on the steering servo. I tried my throttle servo (which works great in the throttle/brake slot) and it does the same thing. I tried my 2nd SR3000 receiver and it does the same thing. I reset the model so all the settings are back to factory. I even tried the steering trim.... barely any change.

Any ideas before I blame the transmitter and get all mad at the e-bayer I bought it from?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:33 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: DX3 has barely any steering to the right

The first thing I would do is remove the arms off of the servos and see if you have full movement. The new radio may have centered the servos in a different position. Then go into the program and make sure you have 100% in both directions. Dennis
Old 12-01-2007, 10:58 AM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

The first thing I would do is remove the arms off of the servos and see if you have full movement. The new radio may have centered the servos in a different position. Then go into the program and make sure you have 100% in both directions. Dennis
Nothing is attached to the servos.... it's all on the bench... no RC truck involved yet. Yes, I've double checked.... 100% in both directions... still little movement to the right.

If I reverse the settings.... the servo works the opposite, but when the steering wheel is turned right... little movement to the left on the servo. I'm thinking the transmitter has a problem in the wheel electrics to the right side.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your travel adjust settings to be sure you don't have the travel adjust cut back. Also try going to a clear model, do a reset of the programming, and retry.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

Check your travel adjust settings to be sure you don't have the travel adjust cut back. Also try going to a clear model, do a reset of the programming, and retry.
I've tried every adjustment that I can find in the transmitter.... what are the letters for travel adjust cut back? I'll re-check. Already done the clear model thing... but maybe I'll try model #2 and see if it's any different.

If all else fails... who do I contact to send it in for servicing... and specific person or just a general call?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can call product support at 877-504-0233 for assistance. Information for sending equipment in can be found on the service center checklist.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Support/...t/Default.aspx
Old 12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

You can call product support at 877-504-0233 for assistance. Information for sending equipment in can be found on the service center checklist.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Support/...t/Default.aspx
Just spoke to a technician.... does sound like the transmitter has a problem. I'll be shipping it in asap so I can be up and running fairly soon.

Thanks for the help!