Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

X9303 Kill Switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:34 AM
PJ_TankPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X9303 Kill Switch

I am migrating from 9C to X9303. So far the programming is going well despite differences.

I like to have a kill switch for my right hand because when I use it, my left is usually busy with the rudder. I don’t find any ‘kill switch’ function so I assume it will have to be done with a mix.

Am looking for suggestions on ways to do this.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:39 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: X9303 Kill Switch

Old 12-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well we're not supposed to post on the manufacturer's support forums, but since it's the weekend and you'd probably like to play with your radio I'll chime in.

Having come from Futaba myself, I'll tell you that you must identify the switch you wish to use then look for a mix that will give you access to that switch. You can't just assign any function to any switch like the Futaba.

I use the rear long switch on the top right shoulder of the radio. That is known in the menu as the "mix" switch. Find one of the mixes that will let you select that switch or whichever one you wish to use, and do a throttle-throttle mix with the percentage needed to close the throttle. IIRC, mine are at about 30% and you'll have to play with it for whether it's negative or positive. With my gassers, I also assign a fiber optic kill to the same switch. Be aware that you may not find a mix which will let you use your preferred switch, but check all of them as they have different switch availability.

Hope that helps and Danny can get rid of this on Monday if he wants....
Old 12-08-2007, 12:39 PM
PJ_TankPilot

ORIGINAL: Zeeb
Well we're not supposed to post on the manufacturer's support forums, but since it's the weekend and you'd probably like to play with your radio I'll chime in.
Good guess. It is raining this weekend in Arizona. Nice to get the rain but during the week is preferred.

Thanks for quick reply. Your response is exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers