Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Help PLEASE

Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM
savasn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help PLEASE

I have had terrible experience thus far with a 170 Gas, installed in a Skymaster MB339, history as ffollows
after 21 flights and 5 flameouts, REPLACED 2 ECU and 2 FUEL PUMP, on last flight, Fuel PUmp, PW reading went through the roof, injected plenty fuel, FIRE and luckily we put it out.
1st ECU, smelt burnt , 2nd one after Fire
1st pump, was seized, 2nd just ran ON! Even with RX off
So , I packed it all up. Sent back to Thailand via our Dealer here in South Africa, who has been great.
after, 6 weeks, get it back, NEW ECU and PUMP, and they say they REPAIRED VALVES, just one sentence in the email,no other explanation.
so, I have 6 flawless flights.
on 7th start up, SAME DAMN THING AGAIN_____ Pump PW reading he's through the roof, again FIRE, agin we put it off in time.
Pump, runs, even with rX turned off
i am running a 2c, 4400, 7.4 V LIPO for ECU,charged off line
fuel tanks,lines all clear

we are all dumbstruck here in SA,and a mate, who's an expert on Turbines is equally dumbstruck
PLEASE anyone with any IDEAS! SUGGESTIONS
Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
marquisvns

Default RE: Help PLEASE

Hi There,

1) Please register your engine at www.kingtechturbines.com,
2) Spoke to Chuang in Taiwan, he suspects you have an plumbing restriction issue to be able to destroy two pairs of ECUs and pumps, now onto the third?
3) Contact your dealer Dean to troubleshoot
4) .edted, was thinking of tx..

Thank you,
Barry
Old 04-02-2013, 07:39 PM
FenderBean

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

check for a collapsed fuel line, dirty filter/UAT if your running one. I would even check the vent side to make sure its getting enough air. I have had fuel lines that are fresh, bend enough to cause choke point. Does this happen at high power settings or any?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 AM
savasn

Thks for replies thus far
Barry, how can this be, re Learning of RC properly? I have had 6 flawless flights prior to this latest failure, so I would imagine that it was set up OK
i am using Festo lines, so they are quite thick and durable, I'm not sure if they would collapse, but will check this again
i am using a UAT tank, that feeds the pump with Festo line, then goes through valve then I have a Jetcat Filter , then I have a Festo stop valve before it feeds Turbine.
filter was checked after first 5 flights and clear
Barry, what is the reading of the Pw, on GSU on start up? What should that be?
seems that the pump port has now shorted on ECU, that's why it just runs, and one can smell that on MPX plug, you know that familiar electrical smell.
i am stunned , we all are, as I have 3 friends who are running kingtech, 100% perfect every time and I'm getting so dependent with jets

Old 04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
flejter1

Savasn,

Are you using 6mm fuel line from the clunk all the way to the fuel pump input nipple? Is your clunk a super clunk with a LARGE hole (about the same size of the 6mm fuel tube) or is it the smaller hole like on nitro fuel clunks? Do you have a piece of metal tube inside the tank between the clunk and the fuel stopper to keep the fuel line from folding over and restricting fuel flow?

Dirk
Old 04-16-2013, 03:56 PM
marquisvns

Dirk, spoke to him on the phone, he was gonna have his dealer look into everything, haven't heard back since.

Barry
Old 06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
savasn

Hi Barry, our dealer was very helpful here in SA, and swopped my F for a new G, that i am loving, great new turbine, and love the starts.
I just was not prepared to risk my model again, even after dealer changed ECU and Pump .
Dirk, yes am using 6mm from hopper to pump inlet, then 4mm to turbine,did a lot of inspection on plumbing, all looked ok after a few minor changes.