Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

Kingtech K45TP G4 Turboprop Review and Test Runs

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Kingtech K45TP G4 Turboprop Review and Test Runs

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 07:31 AM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Kingtech K45TP G4 Turboprop Review and Test Runs

Video I put together for the K45TP Engine. Impressive little performer!

Old 06-21-2022, 12:16 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello,

Great videos! I'm looking at turboprops and it's hard to find good data. Kingtech specify a specific power output at 5.2kW but that's it. I can se in you video you get ~5500rpm on the 22x12 Mejzlik - but you seem to have problems with the fuel pump and the engine does only rev to 160k, not the 170k advertised??!

Comparing this to the Xicoy X45tp it stated 7000prm on the same 22x12 Mejzlik(!), with an idle 650rpm lower too. The 22x12 test are not available on video but there are a pulling test with 24x10 and it does sort of as many kilos as the K45tp does pounds. Likely there are something wrong with the K45?

I think you also were doing some videos with the X45tp, but no test runs with proper data yet? Also the X45 are available in two gear ratios and only ONE of the YT videos ever specify which gearing they use LOL....(I later also saw that you in the middle of one video mentioned which one it was you were playing with)

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Henke Torphammar; 06-21-2022 at 06:23 AM.