Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Learn RC problem Jeti

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 10:24 PM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Learn RC problem Jeti

Hi,

I do have a Kingtech 180 G1 that has been in use before with my Jeti DS 24.

I did install it in my new build Mirce 1/4 F86 Sabre and started the Learn RC.

I do make trim in 25% steps and -100/+100 on ATV.

Following the procedures and storing "half expo" with button 2 everything looks correct

When I do try to start everything seems correct and GCU shows "Ready" when trim is at idle, full throttle stick and the GCU shows Starting and cooling swapping and when I do pull the stick to idle for normal starts the GCU shows Starting but nothing happens at all.
I have tried to swap to a new rx and new model but same there. I have tried different ATV but I guess there is just something that I miss out and don?t see.

Any tips from You guys?

Thansks!
Old 07-03-2022, 06:33 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Are you sure your channel is set to +100 -100?

As when you say ATV your mean for the trim….+100 seem like a lot, I used a switch for the trim i]and most are set around 50% for 25% idle showed on the GSU…
Old 07-04-2022, 07:13 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by affas
Hi,

I do have a Kingtech 180 G1 that has been in use before with my Jeti DS 24.

I did install it in my new build Mirce 1/4 F86 Sabre and started the Learn RC.

I do make trim in 25% steps and -100/+100 on ATV.

Following the procedures and storing "half expo" with button 2 everything looks correct

When I do try to start everything seems correct and GCU shows "Ready" when trim is at idle, full throttle stick and the GCU shows Starting and cooling swapping and when I do pull the stick to idle for normal starts the GCU shows Starting but nothing happens at all.
I have tried to swap to a new rx and new model but same there. I have tried different ATV but I guess there is just something that I miss out and don?t see.

Any tips from You guys?

Thansks!
Since it says "Starting" but then nothing happens, what is the error message on the GSU? Did you check to see that you can engage the starter and the fuel pump using the GCU to test those items and all your connections ? Did you check that your ECU battery is FULLY charged ? Did you verify that the EGT displayed on the GCU looks correct ?
It sounds as if your teach RC was successful but perhaps there is an issue with the turbine itself, or a bad connection..

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-04-2022 at 07:15 AM.