Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Cessna 182 Building

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Top Flite Cessna 182 Building

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 07:44 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I like your paint scheme! My Cessna 182 is equally stalled. I may try to get back on it this winter.

Mike
Old 08-14-2019, 05:20 PM
ALPHA-AIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Etienne 1,
keep on rolling, you are on the final ...!
Old 08-24-2019, 02:46 PM
Etienne 1

Default Panel Lines

I am still working on it. Wings are at 95% level smooth. I came to a point where I decided I cannot ever get them perfectly level smooth again. But, they are so that I don't think anyone will ever notice that they are a kind off ripply surface. So I'm still sanding them. Few last places to fill and sand smooth. Will take Pics as I get them complete.

The Fuse in the meantime has started with the Panel lines.

I have after taking the pics, Laid tape and did almost all the other Panel lines. Will sand them tomorrow.

And I also started with the cockpit panel. Not done yet, But getting there. Will take pics when complete.
thank you
Safe flights
Old 08-25-2019, 06:36 PM
Etienne 1

Default Build Continues little by little

Good day

Wings are done. Some very small minor fixes and fillings to do on very small areas. then 1000grit before starting panel lines.

Ailerons and Flaps are finally done as well. Just marking out where the hinges and the strips go.

And the Fuse -
First panels lines sanded down and they look great. Just need to smooth them with 1000grit.
and the rest of the panel lines continue.

Regards
Etienne
Old 08-25-2019, 07:19 PM
FlyerInOKC

You are getting there don't start trying to rush now.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:43 PM
Captain Gregg
My Feedback: (3)

I found this thread and found it really interesting... especially since it's been alive for quite some time.
I am also a proud owner of a TF Cessna 182. However I have the ARF version that I am going to be building. I did like some of the ideas I saw here, like cutting out doors and luggage access and also the detachable wing panels!

I'd like to ask about how you went about those modifications, especially the detachable wings. How did you secure them once re-assembled? I'm not too sure I'd change to fiberglass to cover as I like the included scheme and I might be hesitant to cut up the wing to install tubes for disassembly but anything's possible. Has anyone done this with carbon fiber tubes?

Any advise/tips would be most welcome!

Thanks
Gregg
Old 09-09-2021, 04:24 PM
FlyerInOKC

Are you talking about modifying an ARF version or are you going to be building a kit?
Old 09-17-2022, 05:18 PM
SOPHIAFLYGIRL

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TF Cessna 182

I tragically lost my beloved TF C 182 last month and it bummed me out so badly that I found another kit and going to rebuild this beautiful plane. Maybe there are others who may be building this plane from a Gold edition kit?
Sophia
Old 09-17-2022, 07:03 PM
FlyerInOKC

Good looking bird! I have a TF 182 started but currently working on another project. When finished my 182 will have Civil Air Patrol livery with no pants. I have already modified the wing mount to make it look a little closer to scale and I have a luggage door to hide my switches, navigation light battery and remote glowplug connection.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:36 AM
SOPHIAFLYGIRL

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Good looking bird! I have a TF 182 started but currently working on another project. When finished my 182 will have Civil Air Patrol livery with no pants. I have already modified the wing mount to make it look a little closer to scale and I have a luggage door to hide my switches, navigation light battery and remote glowplug connection.
I was a CAP cadet in the 1980s, it's where my passion for aviation really took off. I haven't decided if my new 182 will have nav lights. I'm going with another DLE 20 cc gas engine for the new one, already bought it, ready to install.
Good luck on your 182.

Sophia
Old 09-18-2022, 04:41 AM
FlyerInOKC

I have a son who is a Senior member NCO and his wife is a senior member also.