Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:27 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
It doesn't matter if the rock hits the airplane or the airplane hits the rock it's going to be bad for the airplane!
Man you got that right.

Ken
Old 04-10-2014, 11:21 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
It doesn't matter if the rock hits the airplane or the airplane hits the rock it's going to be bad for the airplane!
Yeah, ain't-it-da-truth!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of airplanes (what else might we speak of around here) my Mk-II is back on the active list. New radio is in and charging. She flies tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:38 PM
flyingagin

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
Yeah, ain't-it-da-truth!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of airplanes (what else might we speak of around here) my Mk-II is back on the active list. New radio is in and charging. She flies tomorrow!!!!
Hot dog, good for you. Give us a report.

Ken
Old 04-11-2014, 05:54 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingagin
Hot dog, good for you. Give us a report.

Ken

+1!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:15 PM
skylark-flier

Hokay!!!!!! Yesterday was rather windy (20-25 mph with gusts above that) so today got the nod. Geez, I forgot just how easy a Kadet can be to fly with a decent radio in her. She loops, rolls, snaps, EVERYTHING I could possibly want - and more. Had her sailing all over the field today, slow speed was great - and stable, laterally. Actually did a whole mess of touch-and-goes (Kadet's the only plane I've ever really been able to do that with, and this one's no different). Before the old radio crapped out I got a few inverted passes out of her - today was spend with a LOT of inverted passes, and she did just fine. It's hard to believe, been years since I've done it, but this critter needs ZERO trim adjust - right out of the stable, she's right. Last plane I had that was like that was the original Mk-I in 1973. Guess I actually did something right with her. Only time I touched any trims at all was the elevator during a couple high-speed passes - very low (knee high) - and that was to keep her from sailing back into the sky because of the speed.

Eight flights, total, not counting the 2 engine stalls (10 if you count 2 minutes as a flight) and I'm a happy camper.

Love those
Kadets!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:06 PM
flyingagin

Hokay!!!!!! Yesterday was rather windy (20-25 mph with gusts above that) so today got the nod. Geez, I forgot just how easy a Kadet can be to fly with a decent radio in her. She loops, rolls, snaps, EVERYTHING I could possibly want - and more. Had her sailing all over the field today, slow speed was great - and stable, laterally. Actually did a whole mess of touch-and-goes (Kadet's the only plane I've ever really been able to do that with, and this one's no different). Before the old radio crapped out I got a few inverted passes out of her - today was spend with a LOT of inverted passes, and she did just fine. It's hard to believe, been years since I've done it, but this critter needs ZERO trim adjust - right out of the stable, she's right. Last plane I had that was like that was the original Mk-I in 1973. Guess I actually did something right with her. Only time I touched any trims at all was the elevator during a couple high-speed passes - very low (knee high) - and that was to keep her from sailing back into the sky because of the speed.

Eight flights, total, not counting the 2 engine stalls (10 if you count 2 minutes as a flight) and I'm a happy camper.

Love those
Kadets!!!!!!!!
Man it sounds like you had way to much fun. Would have loved to have been there Dave.

Ken
Old 04-12-2014, 11:50 PM
skylark-flier

Shoot, it's even better than that!! I also had the ol' D'flite Butterfly and Goldberg Eagle-II out for the day - the Kadet wasn't the only one flying. The Eagle was her usual ol' self - travels faster than bad news and can cut the stink off a skunk (love that plane). The Butterfly ... well, what can I say? I tool her around just to get into a day of flying. OS26FS with 4 oz tank - I regularly turn in hour-plus flights with her. Love to fly her while relaxing in a recliner with my iced tea.

Actually solved a minor issue with the OS26FS today. She's been kinda loggy, the last couple times I had her out, so I hit one of the engine forums here for some pointers. Several guys mentioned that she might need a valve adjust (didn't look forward to that) and one guy actually mentioned that the glow plug might just need changing. I tried that first - worked like a charm and she's back to full power again (like y'need full power with a Butterfly - sure you do ... full power of a .09 maybe). Hmmmmmm, maybe a glow plug can't last more than 25 years in an engine (last time I remember changing this one out would have been somewhere around 1990).

Anyway, it truly WAS a great day.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:29 AM
flyingagin

The little OS four strokers are sweet. I had a OS 20 four stroke, but was bone headed and traded it. Sipped fuel. Now OSs are just to spendy for me, at least right now, but I sure would love to have a few 30s.

But you really did have way to much fun, shame on you. Now go stand in the corner

Ken
Old 04-13-2014, 08:40 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Man if it wasnt going to storm, the weather right now if good, very little wind, 57*. It's too bad though, my radios need a charge, though my Kadet Life is fully charged, but out of Glow, the 4*120 has plenty of gas, but I haven't checked the flight packs on it, and that one needs the radio charged too. Guess I know what I'm doing later today.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:43 PM
skylark-flier

The little OS four strokers are sweet. I had a OS 20 four stroke, but was bone headed and traded it. Sipped fuel. Now OSs are just to spendy for me, at least right now, but I sure would love to have a few 30s.

But you really did have way to much fun, shame on you. Now go stand in the corner

Ken
Hokay ma, I've been in the corner for a whole 4 minutes. Can I go out and play some more now?

Y'er right - those 4-strokers are GREAT. Too bad this is the only one I've ever owned (agreed, WAY too 'spensive these days). My Cub, Champ & Great Lakes 2T would be fabulous with that kind of engine under the cowl. Oh well, maybe in another life I'll be able to afford one (or several).

BTW, I checked out that old glowplug (the old one from the 26FS) - it wouldn't even heat up on the bench. Guess it was pretty much done.

Hey acdii, I beat the "charging" problem a fair number of years ago - simply installed several light switches at the head of the stairs going into the basement. Two planes hooked to each switch - I just charge whichever I feel like flying the next day (which usually means one or a couple are charged but not flown - almost never goes the other direction). Of course, that was set-up when I was a whole lot younger, and braver with electricity.

Today didn't see any flying - too much wind again. Sure will be glad when the "gale" season is done.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:02 PM
flyingagin

Well OK go out and play.

I just checked out the cost and wight of Magnum four stroke .30s. Seems good, but don't have the funds.

Ken
Old 04-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hokay ma, I've been in the corner for a whole 4 minutes. Can I go out and play some more now?

Y'er right - those 4-strokers are GREAT. Too bad this is the only one I've ever owned (agreed, WAY too 'spensive these days). My Cub, Champ & Great Lakes 2T would be fabulous with that kind of engine under the cowl. Oh well, maybe in another life I'll be able to afford one (or several).

BTW, I checked out that old glowplug (the old one from the 26FS) - it wouldn't even heat up on the bench. Guess it was pretty much done.

Hey acdii, I beat the "charging" problem a fair number of years ago - simply installed several light switches at the head of the stairs going into the basement. Two planes hooked to each switch - I just charge whichever I feel like flying the next day (which usually means one or a couple are charged but not flown - almost never goes the other direction). Of course, that was set-up when I was a whole lot younger, and braver with electricity.

Today didn't see any flying - too much wind again. Sure will be glad when the "gale" season is done.
I have moved from NiCad's to 5 cell NiMh (Eneloops) and put my planes in the trailer when they are flight capable. There is a RV/Marine deep cycle battery there charged by a 68 watt solar cell system. Once a week I charge everything with a 4 port charger using the marine battery. If today is a flying day, I put the charger to whatever I plan to fly plus those I might decide need the exercise.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:40 PM
flyingagin

I tossed my last NiCad years ago, and did not have good luck with the NiMh, but never tried Eneloops. It is all LIFE batteries now except for the CL planes that use a 2.4 RX for throttle control. Can't find small enough LIFE's so they use about 180 or low 200s Li Po's.

They are virtually always ready whenever I am. Seem to hold a charge forever and a day.

Maybe about 1/4 the wight of NiCad's too (certainly less than 1/2). And big time current handling abilities since they are rated for 10 -30 times their mili amp listing.

All my NiCads were really old. Kind of like Dave

Ken
Old 04-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got one built but haven't flown it yet. I am going to use as a tow plane for a glider.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:26 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Well spent my day getting a new trailer. Now to accessorize it. Thinking a deep cycle battery and a work bench with an inverter and charger. If I remember tomorrow I will go down and pull my radios out of their cases and get a charge on them and the planes.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Mr-Punk
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading back through this thread and hearing all these great Kadet stories has me wanting to fix my old Senior up and get it back in the air. With the crazy deals on Chinese 52 4 strokes I might have to pick one up and start recovering and updating her. She's a bone stock 3 channel with a old Magnum 40 bushing engine. I guess I could hack the wing up and put barn door ailerons on it but it's got that rudder only dihedral. maybe a new wing kit. The 3 channel Senior built stock is the easiest flying plane I've ever flown. It is 100% self correcting with about 75 feet of altitude and will land hands off in calm winds. Mine came in exactly 6 pounds and balanced perfect. I got a BTE Flyin' King but it just don't float like the Kadet. Heck I've even thermaled the Sr for 15 minutes dead stick. I like the idea of the lawn chair and iced tea putting around shooting main wheel touch and goes. I'm gonna drag her out and get her back with an up to date annual.

Peace,
J
Old 04-13-2014, 08:21 PM
skylark-flier

... All my NiCads were really old. Kind of like Dave

Ken
Naw, I'm not old. Y'want old?
My dad used to use these batteries to fly his airplanes and .

Now, THOSE are old.

((all the above is "tongue-in-cheek", hope y'know - I seem to remember him talking about guiding pterodactyls in his youth, or sumpin')).

Seriously Ken, I know there are a whole new nest of power sources better than my NiCads, and a whole galaxy of radios better than my 72MHz types (some of those are AM) - but those are what I know best and, at my age, I'm not really inclined to go all "newfangled" unless I absolutely HAVE to. Shoot, when I ordered this latest radio I actually considered (for about 1 day) getting one of the new 2.4GHz types. Decided I like simple best.

Besides, if I started getting "modern" equipment I couldn't sign my stuff "old school" anymore. Just think of the ramifications of that. I'd have to get modern planes with modern engines (gas & electric, both) being driven by modern radios that are run by modern batteries. Next thing you know, I'd be driving a new Mercedes van to carry all my planes, I'd be growing hair again, my teeth would come back, I'd be chasing women again ...

uhhhhh ... oh, yeah ... women ... I remember them ... one of them is why I don't have that new Mercedes van.

... and I'd be chasing ??MORE?? of them????

Nope, no "modern" equipment for me.

Hey "J" - - y'need to get that Kadet Sr back in the air, my boy. Best relaxation in the world - especially if you have one of those young "women"-things feeding you grapes as you recline on the lounge while guiding your plane with your toes, sipping your Mint Julep. Of course, for that kind of thing it needs to stay 3-channel.

Great way to spend the day!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ancient-battery-3.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1986844   Click image for larger version

Name:	ancient-glider-2.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1986845  
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2014, 08:26 PM
skylark-flier

Originally Posted by Steve Westphal
Got one built but haven't flown it yet. I am going to use as a tow plane for a glider.
Hey Steve!! Y'er gonna like the way it flies - I promise. Glider-tow, great idea, good plane for it.

Welcome to the land of insanity - the land of Kadets. Got y'er logged in - #143

And the Brotherhood today, as I've got it:[TABLE="width: 488"]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Gary Harris[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]51[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Razor44[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]101[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skyraider71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]soarrich[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]52[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Ken Kehlet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]102[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rc lifer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]N1EDM[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]53[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]oldfartpilot[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]103[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]NM2K[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Live Wire[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]54[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Soaring Steve[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]104[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]terrysigcolt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]5skyhawk172[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]55[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]freefall2907[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]105[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]plane-o-joe[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]zippome[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]56[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]fix-n-fly[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]106[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BobFE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]7[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]shepard62[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]57[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]SigMan[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]107[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]FLAPSDOWN[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DeferredDefect[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]58[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]eroc144[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]108[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]scttsprg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]9[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]archie05[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]59[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]nextofkin[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]109[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]sbrillha[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]tomgreen[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]60[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ALT[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]110[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mike Gretz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]11[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]n2ryd[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]61[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jstyle13[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]111[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skyrat71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]12[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]race61[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]62[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]WYDAH[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]112[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]lumppi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]13[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Slavko[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]63[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]stupidscreenname[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]113[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]bchapman[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]lkruse[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]64[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]coxco[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]114[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]scoooper[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]15[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]flyingagin[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]65[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]TunnelBill[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]115[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Jolly Popper[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]16[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]JPNYGAARD[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]66[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]mike109[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]116[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]CNY_Dave[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]17[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]foodstick[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]67[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]beevo[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]117[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rtn9105[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]18[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ovationdave[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]68[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Lowvoltage[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]118[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]mbnt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]19[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]joebahl[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]69[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skylark-flier[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]119[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]crawler tech[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]20[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]WI53072[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]70[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hugh durden[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]120[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]308jockey[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]huck1199[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]71[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Cloud Cruiser[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]121[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]bparker3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]22[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Top_Gunn[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]72[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]SIGPlanes[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]122[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DBD1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]23[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Nergall[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]73[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rexperk[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]123[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Chappy110[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]24[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]acdii[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]74[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]M. Boesen[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]124[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ercobud[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]25[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hutchis[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]75[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]whatwheel[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]125[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rickpell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]26[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ddewey[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]76[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD](blank)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]126[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ThunderBoat[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]27[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dhal22[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]77[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]paulhold[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]127[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]tazzzz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]28[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Thomas Pham[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]78[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]groundstrike[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]128[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ThunderChicken[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]29[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cubkadet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]79[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]adreliable661[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]129[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]deanz406[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]30[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Greg Davis[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]80[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]earlwb[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]130[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]biam[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]31[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]CanDo[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]81[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Unclebuck21228[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]131[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]UPF-7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]32[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]gva1956[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]82[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]malitape[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]132[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]neons[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]33[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]metaldriver_2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]83[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Dave Holmes[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]133[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Flyboy14901[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]34[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Bladejunkie[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]84[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Carlos G[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]134[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]proszak59[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]35[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]New222[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]85[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]kingranch[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]135[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]wildbills21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]36[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cubflyman[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]86[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Red Kadet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]136[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hairy46[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]37[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dasquirrelisme[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]87[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dirtrod[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]137[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]p-Yock[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]38[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Planejaw[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]88[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]t4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]138[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rrengineer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]39[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]usc1990[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]89[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]FlyerInOKC[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]139[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hogflyer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cjet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]90[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DELTAFLY[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]140[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Firewalkerd1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]41[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Murphey[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]91[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]sharpe917[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]141[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Flight Risk[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]42[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Sandyt[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]92[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jollyroger[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]142[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ratshooter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]43[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]planedriver_2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]93[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Cliffc[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]143[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Steve Westphal[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]44[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]PT19[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]94[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD](blank)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]45[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]TimHendrix[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]95[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Captinjohn[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]158[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dwaynenancy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]46[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jessiej[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]96[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]spaceworm[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]47[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mr-Punk[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]97[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]EvanB[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]48[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rccrasher65[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]98[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Major Tomski[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]49[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]FMAY[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]99[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Jim Branaum[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]50[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Hrannar[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]100[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]WLM189[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 04-13-2014, 09:22 PM
cforcht
My Feedback: (46)

OK, sign me up and give me a number too. Got a senior that is in process of rebuild after a glitching RX smacked it down on the shoulder of the highway. only this time its made from 1/8 ply on the CNC router and it has been widened to allow for bomb bay doors. and its getting a 25cc gas engine.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:07 AM
flyingagin

Hi Steve Glider tugging sounds like great fun with a Kadet (SR?), either as the tug or the tugged. Did some with a Gentle Lady and a 25-45 sized tug in the 90s. And a Spirit 100 and a 60 sized tug with a 90 motor. It was a real blast both as tug and glider. When I pulled some of my stuff out of storage I got the Spirit wings, just the wings, cleaned them up and thought how nice it would be to resurrect them again, but with a new center section of 5.5 foot for a wing span of 14 foot. It would take a pretty strong tug though.

Cforcht Kadet should do it. Holy smokes man 25cc. That thing should go vertical at <1/2 throttle. What kind of wing reinforcements you looking at, and tail reinforcements. Mine has a 65 Saito, and I would love to put a 90 in it, but not any bigger than that. I want to see it when you fix and mod it up.

That was funny stuff Dave. Ya know I just kid around.
Well off to my pre surgery appointment with the knife man.

Ken
Old 04-14-2014, 06:58 AM
kb8ife

Check me in I have 2 one I keep in my trailer for a trainer 46 nitro, and night flyer we put transparent covering in it and put 800 led's in side great for night flying runs on a 4 cell lipo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1057.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	1986974  

Last edited by kb8ife; 04-14-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:26 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I love the night flier!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:05 AM
rburke39
My Feedback: (1)

Count me in also, thanks
Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 AM
skylark-flier

cforcht - I'm with Ken. That Kadet's gonna be a SMOKER!!!!!! 25cc, y'aint gonna need no freaking runway - just point her skyward and breathe on the throttle. That's a flight I wanna see.

kb8ife - love your night-flier Kadet! One day I'm gonna be in the neighborhood of someone who has a plane set-up for night flying - my curiosity bone is truly vibrating for that one. 800 LEDs - wouldn't think there's enough room inside a Kadet to fit them - but seeing is believing. Amazing.

Hey guys - y'er in!! cforcht = 144, kb8ife = 145, rburke39 = 146 - - and welcome to RC Universe y'all.

The B'hood, as I've got it:
[TABLE="width: 488"]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Gary Harris[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]51[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Razor44[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]101[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skyraider71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]soarrich[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]52[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Ken Kehlet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]102[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rc lifer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]N1EDM[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]53[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]oldfartpilot[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]103[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]NM2K[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Live Wire[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]54[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Soaring Steve[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]104[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]terrysigcolt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]5skyhawk172[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]55[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]freefall2907[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]105[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]plane-o-joe[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]zippome[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]56[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]fix-n-fly[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]106[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]BobFE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]7[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]shepard62[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]57[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]SigMan[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]107[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]FLAPSDOWN[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DeferredDefect[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]58[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]eroc144[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]108[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]scttsprg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]9[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]archie05[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]59[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]nextofkin[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]109[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]sbrillha[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]tomgreen[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]60[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ALT[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]110[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mike Gretz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]11[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]n2ryd[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]61[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jstyle13[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]111[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skyrat71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]12[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]race61[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]62[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]WYDAH[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]112[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]lumppi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]13[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Slavko[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]63[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]stupidscreenname[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]113[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]bchapman[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]lkruse[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]64[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]coxco[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]114[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]scoooper[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]15[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]flyingagin[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]65[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]TunnelBill[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]115[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Jolly Popper[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]16[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]JPNYGAARD[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]66[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]mike109[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]116[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]CNY_Dave[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]17[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]foodstick[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]67[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]beevo[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]117[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rtn9105[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]18[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ovationdave[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]68[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Lowvoltage[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]118[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]mbnt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]19[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]joebahl[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]69[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skylark-flier[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]119[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]crawler tech[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]20[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]WI53072[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]70[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hugh durden[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]120[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]308jockey[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]huck1199[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]71[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Cloud Cruiser[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]121[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]bparker3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]22[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Top_Gunn[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]72[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]SIGPlanes[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]122[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DBD1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]23[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Nergall[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]73[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rexperk[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]123[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Chappy110[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]24[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]acdii[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]74[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]M. Boesen[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]124[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ercobud[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]25[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hutchis[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]75[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]whatwheel[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]125[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rickpell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]26[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ddewey[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]76[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD](blank)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]126[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ThunderBoat[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]27[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dhal22[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]77[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]paulhold[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]127[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]tazzzz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]28[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Thomas Pham[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]78[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]groundstrike[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]128[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ThunderChicken[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]29[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cubkadet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]79[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]adreliable661[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]129[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]deanz406[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]30[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Greg Davis[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]80[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]earlwb[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]130[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]biam[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]31[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]CanDo[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]81[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Unclebuck21228[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]131[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]UPF-7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]32[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]gva1956[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]82[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]malitape[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]132[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]neons[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]33[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]metaldriver_2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]83[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Dave Holmes[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]133[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Flyboy14901[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]34[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Bladejunkie[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]84[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Carlos G[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]134[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]proszak59[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]35[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]New222[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]85[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]kingranch[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]135[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]wildbills21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]36[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cubflyman[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]86[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Red Kadet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]136[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hairy46[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]37[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dasquirrelisme[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]87[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dirtrod[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]137[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]p-Yock[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]38[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Planejaw[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]88[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]t4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]138[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rrengineer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]39[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]usc1990[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]89[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]FlyerInOKC[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]139[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hogflyer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cjet[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]90[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DELTAFLY[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]140[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Firewalkerd1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]41[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Murphey[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]91[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]sharpe917[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]141[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Flight Risk[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]42[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Sandyt[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]92[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jollyroger[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]142[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ratshooter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]43[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]planedriver_2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]93[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Cliffc[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]143[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Steve Westphal[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]44[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]PT19[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]94[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD](blank)[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]144[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cforcht[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]45[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]TimHendrix[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]95[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Captinjohn[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]145[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]kb8ife[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]46[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jessiej[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]96[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]spaceworm[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]146[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rburke39[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]47[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mr-Punk[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]97[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]EvanB[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]48[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rccrasher65[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]98[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Major Tomski[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]158[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]dwaynenancy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]49[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]FMAY[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]99[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Jim Branaum[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]50[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Hrannar[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]100[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]WLM189[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 04-15-2014, 11:17 AM
kb8ife

OK I just uploaded a video of my elect. 4 cell Kadet night flyer its quite and fun to fly this was taken at the Thompsonville, Mi airport 2012 in May. We have made 1 little change replaced the covering on the top right wing I ran out if transparent at the time of covering it. as you see at the end it just wants to keep flying.

http://youtu.be/fSXg_PgCoDQ

Last edited by kb8ife; 04-15-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.