Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Bridi by Bluejay Airplane Kits

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Bridi by Bluejay Airplane Kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 02:01 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
I like the looks of Birdi's UFO but I have too many kits/projects now. Well, its out of stock so maybe by the time it comes in...

Same here. Just got my winter project to match up with the engine I have. 1/5th SIG Cub for the 70 OS FS I have. I have been eyeing the Dirty Birdy with retracts, but I dont have a motor for it, and allocated my last RX for the Cub. Of course the Orange RX are inexpensive so could always get a few more of them. If I run across another engine at the swaps that will work, then its on my next kit list.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I have that same Cub! Except I used an older Saito .80 in it. I had to make a box firewall to slide the engine back and still fit the carb. I haven't flown it yet I have some work to do on the struts and I didn't like the way my aileron linkage came out. I like having the working door I but the RX switch and a remote glow plug connection inside.

What kind of luck have you had with the Orange Rxs? Several of the local fliers are blaming crashes on them and have swore off them. I stick with Futaba myself 20 years of broad spectrum experience in heavy industry has sold me on their product.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
I have that same Cub! Except I used an older Saito .80 in it. I had to make a box firewall to slide the engine back and still fit the carb. I haven't flown it yet I have some work to do on the struts and I didn't like the way my aileron linkage came out. I like having the working door I but the RX switch and a remote glow plug connection inside.

What kind of luck have you had with the Orange Rxs? Several of the local fliers are blaming crashes on them and have swore off them. I stick with Futaba myself 20 years of broad spectrum experience in heavy industry has sold me on their product.
Have not had any glitches with them. As long as the RX pack is well charged, should have any problems. I make sure the Life pack I use has enough mah to power all the servos with little voltage drops. If anything I learned is a low or weak battery can cause a brownout and the recovery rate of a brown out can be the difference between landing and crashing. Happens even with the Spektrum RX, which is how I learned about it. I had an ESC that would drop power to the RX after it warmed up and nearly lost the plane. I use both JR and Futaba radios myself. The Futaba goes into my expensive planes. The JR/Orange RX into my not so expensive planes, the ones that are easy to repair. I use the JR rx in my really expensive plane, but that one uses 2 Lion packs with an isolation board so the RX always gets full power.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Dirty Birdy is a great choice!! I have always been a Kaos guy but the DB was even better. For an engine I used one of the SK .91s from Kange, for $100.00 it even comes with a muffler, ringed with tapered cylinder. I have a couple of these engines and to date I haven't had a dead stick.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:01 PM
caio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Folks,

I have purchased a Big Dirty Birdy 2+2 from Blue Jay in Oct/2014. I loved it so much that I wanted to buy more kits from them in Nov/2014. I sent them many messages but there was no reply.

Does any one know if they are permanently out of business ?

Funny thing is that their website is still in the air.

Best regards,

Caio.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:04 PM
acdii

Do you mean this company?
http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/index.htm
Old 11-23-2015, 09:21 PM
caio

Dear ACDII,

thatīs right, Blue Jay company.

Their kits are out of stock and they donīt answer emails.

Best regards,

Caio.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:27 AM
flygilmore

Are these guys still selling kits currently???????

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:44 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by flygilmore
Are these guys still selling kits currently???????

Thanks.
Try calling the phone number on their webpage 308.276.2322