Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

~~SIG Brotherhood ~~

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

~~SIG Brotherhood ~~

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 03:05 PM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original Senior ARF wasn't a three channel plane as it did have barn door ailerons and a two piece wing but it had a nose wheel landing gear and wasn't designed for easy electric setup. The new Senior sport ARF is designed for easy electric setup and is a tail dragger landing gear.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I want another Kit. The SR Sport if were the arf. But a blanket 'discontinued' isn't going to work for me. They are pushing that LT 40 on me and not what I want ... Have one and it's a great plane.. But I like to build.
Ordering direct.... I had to "Hit the BS button" on that one.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderBoat42
I want another Kit. The SR Sport if were the arf. But a blanket 'discontinued' isn't going to work for me. They are pushing that LT 40 on me and not what I want ... Have one and it's a great plane.. But I like to build.
Ordering direct.... I had to "Hit the BS button" on that one.
Entirely too many LHS's try to pad their bottom line with invalid answers. I had a case where I needed some struts and knew the supplier carried them for $8 a set. Wanting to support the LHS, I asked him to order them. It took 3 months and he charged me $8 per stick (there were 2 struts per side of the Bud Nosen Citabria I was making into a Decathelon). Since I asked for the order, I felt obligated to honor my commitment to purchase, however you can guess how much more of my business that shop got. Oh, it went out of business a few years ago and he had a "going out of business sale" where he marked things up around 100% and then gave deep discounts.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
Entirely too many LHS's try to pad their bottom line with invalid answers. I had a case where I needed some struts and knew the supplier carried them for $8 a set. Wanting to support the LHS, I asked him to order them. It took 3 months and he charged me $8 per stick (there were 2 struts per side of the Bud Nosen Citabria I was making into a Decathelon). Since I asked for the order, I felt obligated to honor my commitment to purchase, however you can guess how much more of my business that shop got. Oh, it went out of business a few years ago and he had a "going out of business sale" where he marked things up around 100% and then gave deep discounts.
I've tried to support 1 LHS near me but it's getting difficult.

I order parts/supplies from him & he tries to charge me the MSRP that is on his invoice which is 100% mark-up, far above the usual "street price".

When I point out that the usual advertised prices still allow him a 30% mark-up, he states that he can't stay open on 30%.

Well he certainly won't stay open on 0% profit that a lost sale generates will he?

There's another LHS about the same distance in the other direction that gives me realistic pricing, but he is only interested in stocking parts/supplies for R/C trucks/buggies so it's not a good place to P/U sundry items when the need crops up.

I don't expect the LHS to beat internet pricing, but I do expect them to @ least get close. After all, I have to pay 8% sales tax on top of their price. When they are over 50% higher before sales tax, how do they expect me to give them my business?
Old 03-23-2014, 09:15 AM
jeffie8696

Look for me at the Toledo show , I will be wearing a Boca Bearings shirt.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150

When I point out that the usual advertised prices still allow him a 30% mark-up, he states that he can't stay open on 30%.
Yeah, some of them seem to expect us to fund their grandchildren's college education at a private school

I vote with my wallet.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:47 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

First try these guys: http://www.sigplanes.com/ they show the Kadet Senior kit sells for $92.99.

I'm lucky in that we have several LHS to choose from and one I support besides being 15 minutes away tells me to check Tower's price online and he will be within a few pennies of there price. Occasionally he may even be slightly cheaper. Sometimes when it is something I can order directly, like fiberglass specialties, but I don't want to mess with it he'll order it for me. He will be up front if he'll have to mark it up slightly and will tell me the price up front before I order. He is more interested in helping a guy be successful so he stays in the hobby than making a fast buck. Unfortunately there are too may LHS that just want to make the fast buck. And then they wonder why they don't last long or don't get repeat customers!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
First try these guys: http://www.sigplanes.com/ they show the Kadet Senior kit sells for $92.99.

I'm lucky in that we have several LHS to choose from and one I support besides being 15 minutes away tells me to check Tower's price online and he will be within a few pennies of there price. Occasionally he may even be slightly cheaper. Sometimes when it is something I can order directly, like fiberglass specialties, but I don't want to mess with it he'll order it for me. He will be up front if he'll have to mark it up slightly and will tell me the price up front before I order. He is more interested in helping a guy be successful so he stays in the hobby than making a fast buck. Unfortunately there are too may LHS that just want to make the fast buck. And then they wonder why they don't last long or don't get repeat customers!

At the 1st LHS I cited above, there is a guy that is working on a volunteer basis trying to keep the idiot that owns the place afloat.

He priced me a SIG Rascal 110 ARF (shipped) for about $3 less than from SIG or Sigplanes. I will have to pay about $34 sales tax on top of that. I'm willing to do that to keep a local shop afloat as he does have a good stock of balsa, plywood & hardware on hand.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 03-24-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Hab

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur with those that support a local hobby, by spending a little bit more in price than what's available mail order ( to a limit). You still need the local shop at hand for those necessities needed for builds. Guy can't stay in business by just selling CA and fuel.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:13 AM
FlyerInOKC

LHS also can be a wealth of information when you run into a problem. my LHS more than willing to support what he sells whether it be adjusting a new engine just installed on a plane or figuring out the programming of a new radio, along with the simple stuff as well. All his little RTF helis get charged, tested, and trimmed before leaving the shop.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
SushiHunter

LHS also can be a wealth of information when you run into a problem. my LHS more than willing to support what he sells whether it be adjusting a new engine just installed on a plane or figuring out the programming of a new radio, along with the simple stuff as well. All his little RTF helis get charged, tested, and trimmed before leaving the shop.
Depending on what your involved with, yes, they can be a wealth of information. I know I've learned more from the older guys at the LHS than I have anywhere else. At my LHS anyways, the majority of staff are guys who've been involved with r/c for at least 40 years minimum. Most of these guys at my LHS have since gone on to electric power plants because it's easier for them at an older age vs sticking with the glow power plants. So they have a lot of knowledge about electrics as well, but their specialty is building, maintaining, repair and glow power plants. 90% of what I've learned is from them. I've been going to this same LHS for over 30 years now.

Last edited by SushiHunter; 03-24-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:39 PM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I support these guys as a whole but do expect to pay more this them. They also have trains and a high end specialty toy store.

Fortunately, we also have Oak Mountain Hobbies close by in Pelham AL. They are full service with parts on hand for everything they carry to include all the little parts. It it's available through Horizon or Tower.. They have it probably at the same price (+tax) and all the parts associated with that item. They too have trains, cars/trucks, etc and those parts. He is not a S ig dealer. But will order for me and give me the same price as online. So that's the route I'm going.

Freeze warning issued out of the blue for tonight so I'm headed south to the warm air and beach for a few days.

Last edited by ThunderBoat42; 03-24-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:20 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by ThunderBoat42

Freeze warning issued out of the blue for tonight so I'm headed south to the warm air and beach for a few days.

We had -9°F this morning.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received the two planes I ordered today, the Astro Hog is a great looking kit and should be an enjoyable build. As for the new Four Star 64 it has to be one of the better ARF deals out there. Very nice looking and complete, right down to the included pilot figure.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 AM
jeffie8696

I had some small issues with the hardware on my 4 Star 54. Minor really but annoying.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:32 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by jeffie8696
I had some small issues with the hardware on my 4 Star 54. Minor really but annoying.
Wow, Muscatine. Small world. I lived there for two years when I was a teenager. That's actually where I was when I first started getting involved in r/c planes.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:54 AM
GLGofLB
My Feedback: (12)

Count me in 2Sig something Extras! Great Sunday flier

GLG of LB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	plane2.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	1981321  
Old 03-25-2014, 11:32 AM
FlyerInOKC

Anyone here know of a SIG design that wasn't a great flier? (Discounting airplanes not assembled correctly or dumb thumb mistakes by the loose nut holding the transmitter.)

Gee, I resemble my own comment!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:59 PM
SushiHunter

Anyone here know of a SIG design that wasn't a great flier? (Discounting airplanes not assembled correctly or dumb thumb mistakes by the loose nut holding the transmitter.)

Gee, I resemble my own comment!
I'm sure many were during the r&d phase of each model. But mass produced and released kits that were not great fliers.... probably not too many next to none. I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted to risk their reputation on kits that would be known for not being great fliers.

Right now I'm about 98% done with the SIG Komet kit that I've been building. This bird is a heavy weight compared to most. But I've heard old timers mention that many SIG birds built heavy. I'm hoping my Komet is a great flier. Beautiful bird. The maiden is now within sight.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:27 AM
FlyerInOKC

I think I have heard the comment "Builds heavy" about every kit I ever built or bought. Compared to an ARF or a RTF made in China every kit is built heavy. That is why you see old airplanes that survive the test of time and the owner's dumb thumbs.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:03 AM
SushiHunter

I think I have heard the comment "Builds heavy" about every kit I ever built or bought. Compared to an ARF or a RTF made in China every kit is built heavy. That is why you see old airplanes that survive the test of time and the owner's dumb thumbs.
That could be as well. But the guys I have been told this by are ones who have built dozens of all make and model kits over 30 - 40 years period of time. They specifically indicate that many/most SIG kits build heavier than most other brands. ARF / RTF didn't even come up as part of the conversations as our topic was dealing exclusively in builds.

Yesterday I installed the cowl, prop and aluminum spinner to the Komet. Took a few steps back and, wow, this bird is beautiful. She's a big one. 67 inch wingspan. Will be a sight to see in the air. I'd compare the size/weight of the SIG Kougar Mark II and SIG Komet to that of the Great Planes Patriot 40 and Great Planes Patriot XL Both very similar but size is the big difference.

Last edited by SushiHunter; 03-26-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
That could be as well. But the guys I have been told this by are ones who have built dozens of all make and model kits over 30 - 40 years period of time. They specifically indicate that many/most SIG kits build heavier than most other brands. ARF / RTF didn't even come up as part of the conversations as our topic was dealing exclusively in builds.

Yesterday I installed the cowl, prop and aluminum spinner to the Komet. Took a few steps back and, wow, this bird is beautiful. She's a big one. 67 inch wingspan. Will be a sight to see in the air. I'd compare the size/weight of the SIG Kougar Mark II and SIG Komet to that of the Great Planes Patriot 40 and Great Planes Patriot XL Both very similar but size is the big difference.
My experience, admittedly limited, is that the SIG kits do build a bit heavier than others, but if you look at the quality of the wood they provide and the general design of the kits themselves, the reason is rather self-evident. I just retired my original Kadet when my new Mark-II arrived - she'd been flying for just over 40 years. I've got several SIG C/L Kits - ALL are originals from the 1970's, all are still flying. My MidStar-40 was built in the early 80's - still flying.

I'd love to see ANY ARF/RTF of today still in the air 40 years from now. We, kitbuilders, build them to stand up to whatever we might wanna do with them, a factory worker (been there, done that) builds it to make it into the box for shipping. Huge difference.

Yeah, I'll bet your Komet is something to behold - wonderful design. Definitely looking forward to hearing how the maiden works out.

Last edited by skylark-flier; 03-26-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey y'all, I think acdii's got more than his hands full right now, thought I'd jump in here in his stead. Just like in the SIG Kadet B'hood, I've pretty much kept track of the growth of this B'hood - got a pretty much full listing right up to present. Here's what I've got - the order is B'hood #, Ident, Post # where they joined, and page # of that post. Of course, confirmation would be acdii's, but I'm sure it's accurate:

[TABLE="width: 389"]
[TR]
[TD]Member #[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Ident[/TD]
[TD]Post #[/TD]
[TD]Page #[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Larry K (Live Wire)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skylark-flier[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]acdii[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]RCKen[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DGUY[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]DBD1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]fix-n-fly[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]foodstick[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]UPF-7[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jeffie8696[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skyrat71[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Leroy Gardner[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]CanDo[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]JPMacG[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Thunder Chicken[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]5skyhawk172[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Cutlass 60[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mr-Punk[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Sabreryder[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]eastkurt[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]FlyerInOKC[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rtn9105[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]oliveDrab[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]triumphman49[/TD]
[TD]33[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ARUP[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]willig10[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]27[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]malitape[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]OLDFLYER2[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]29[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]justin80[/TD]
[TD]45[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]30[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Jim Branaum[/TD]
[TD]32[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]31[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]crawler tech[/TD]
[TD]47[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]32[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]yel914[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]33[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ThunderBoat42[/TD]
[TD]49[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]sbd-3[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Thatsakitbuilt[/TD]
[TD]53[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]blw[/TD]
[TD]55[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mike Gretz[/TD]
[TD]57[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mako17[/TD]
[TD]58[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]jeffie8696[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]deanz406[/TD]
[TD]60[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]41[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]bchapman[/TD]
[TD]65[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]42[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]SrTelemaster150[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]43[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]SushiHunter[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]44[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]n8rloves2fly[/TD]
[TD]43[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]45[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]M_Callahan[/TD]
[TD]52[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]carlosponti[/TD]
[TD]67[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]47[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]xxwolfyxx[/TD]
[TD]71[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]landeck[/TD]
[TD]72[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]49[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cherokeenut[/TD]
[TD]76[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]50[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mark Thomas[/TD]
[TD]80[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rphiii[/TD]
[TD]81[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]52[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]n0kjf[/TD]
[TD]82[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]53[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cymaz[/TD]
[TD]83[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]OldRookie[/TD]
[TD]84[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]55[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]gosch[/TD]
[TD]85[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]56[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]ThunderChicken72[/TD]
[TD]95[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]57[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]lfd47[/TD]
[TD]102[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]58[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]bikerbc[/TD]
[TD]103[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]59[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]badger5964[/TD]
[TD]104[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]60[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]N1EDM[/TD]
[TD]107[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]61[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Hfrank[/TD]
[TD]121[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]62[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Lowvoltage[/TD]
[TD]122[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]63[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]US185Damiani[/TD]
[TD]133[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]64[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hsukaria[/TD]
[TD]137[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]65[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]lkruse[/TD]
[TD]151[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]66[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Sgt. Meyer[/TD]
[TD]154[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]67[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]G-JIMG[/TD]
[TD]160[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]68[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Hydro Junkie[/TD]
[TD]171[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Twin_Flyer[/TD]
[TD]173[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]70[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]oldsterling[/TD]
[TD]175[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]71[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]J T Caldwell[/TD]
[TD]177[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]72[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cloudancer03[/TD]
[TD]204[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]73[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Super08[/TD]
[TD]206[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]74[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Hab[/TD]
[TD]212[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]75[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Smashmaster[/TD]
[TD]214[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]76[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Rv7garage[/TD]
[TD]215[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]77[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Neddy191[/TD]
[TD]228[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]78[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]JZHANDYMAN[/TD]
[TD]229[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]79[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Pete Lane[/TD]
[TD]233[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]80[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]SIGPlanes[/TD]
[TD]237[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]81[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]rcmichael[/TD]
[TD]238[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]82[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]larryshobbies[/TD]
[TD]241[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]83[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]skyraider71[/TD]
[TD]243[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]84[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Hawk570[/TD]
[TD]247[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]85[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]hogflyer[/TD]
[TD]249[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]86[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]cubcrasher[/TD]
[TD]258[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]87[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]chandler_ace[/TD]
[TD]267[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]88[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Firewalkerd1[/TD]
[TD]268[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]89[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Robin A[/TD]
[TD]277[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]90[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]GLGofLB[/TD]
[TD]317[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 03-26-2014, 09:29 AM
FlyerInOKC

Welcome guys! And thank you to skylark-flier for getting them added!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
My experience, admittedly limited, is that the SIG kits do build a bit heavier than others, but if you look at the quality of the wood they provide and the general design of the kits themselves, the reason is rather self-evident. I just retired my original Kadet when my new Mark-II arrived - she'd been flying for just over 40 years. I've got several SIG C/L Kits - ALL are originals from the 1970's, all are still flying. My MidStar-40 was built in the early 80's - still flying.

I'd love to see ANY ARF/RTF of today still in the air 40 years from now. We, kitbuilders, build them to stand up to whatever we might wanna do with them, a factory worker (been there, done that) builds it to make it into the box for shipping. Huge difference.

Yeah, I'll bet your Komet is something to behold - wonderful design. Definitely looking forward to hearing how the maiden works out.
Here's a very unflattering shot I took of her this morning on my way out the door. Only thing left to do is monokote the wing (planning to do tonight), permanently attach the canopy, main landing gear and exhaust. She'll be ready to rock and roll! I'll take some nice outdoor shots at all angles of her at that point.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Komet26.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1981612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Komet2614.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	1981628  

Last edited by SushiHunter; 03-26-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.