Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Covering question...

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Covering question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ceconite, I have heard the word but not familiar with the product but that can just be a Canadian US term difference.
The brotherhood threads are the worst I have seen if anyone is looking for a build thread but sometimes they are OK for questions when a new builder runs into a problem. They are for the most part a BS group that likes a certain plane. I got put down in one too and I was just fooling around.
Tom just finished a build thread on this plane and it's well worth going through. His build threads are a lot smoother flowing then mine. From now on I'm not just sending him my planes for painting, he can build my kits too.
Only one of your drawings came through
Old 12-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where the other drawings are

Originally Posted by Gray Beard

Ceconite, I have heard the word but not familiar with the product but that can just be a Canadian US term difference.
The brotherhood threads are the worst I have seen if anyone is looking for a build thread but sometimes they are OK for questions when a new builder runs into a problem. They are for the most part a BS group that likes a certain plane. I got put down in one too and I was just fooling around.

Tom just finished a build thread on this plane and it's well worth going through. His build threads are a lot smoother flowing then mine. From now on I'm not just sending him my planes for painting, he can build my kits too.

Only one of your drawings came through
Gray Beard,

There is only one drawing in this thread in post #27 depicting the difference in angle of attack of the tip rib in blue versus the root rib in white.

The previous drawings were posted in the thread titled Sig Kadet Brotherhood .
After posting this I will go and see that perhaps all my drawings may have been removed in Sig Kadet Brotherhood .

Ceconite is a polyester fabric manufactured in three strength and used to cover or recover parts of airplanes that are fabric covered. I think it is known everywhere planes are refinished. I did not know about it myself until I went to Leavens Brothers to buy genuine aircraft dope. Leavens have been in business for decades rebuilding full size aircraft engines and supplying just about anything airplane refinishers need.

I agree that TomCrump built a nice model airplane. He did certain things that I would not but it shows that we all have our own way (methods).

Now to go and check if my drawings are still there or have been deleted.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 12-27-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Corrected previus to previous
Old 12-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It appears my pictures and drawings are still there.

I scrolled back to the begnning of the month in the thread Sig Kadet Brotherhood and I can stil see my pictures and drawings.

I think some drawings are still further back in time.

My avatar is easy to detect in fast scrolling.

Zor
Old 12-28-2014, 08:18 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gray Beard
Tom, I watched you do the build but with Zor's well honed skills I would like to see and learn. Build threads are usually posted by the same people but lately I have been following some fellows I have never seen doing them before and have been very impressed with there skills and will be doing a few things differently myself.
Be nice to watch Zor instead of just watching Bob hack his way through another build. I didn't bother with posting a build on my latest, I went hit and miss in Ricks Up-Roar thread.
A Zor build would be exciting to watch!!
I would also like to see Zor start his own build thread on his Kadet, besides I am out of hack saw blades at the moment...

Bob
Old 12-29-2014, 03:45 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Start your thread,zor. You'll get no complaints from me.

A stand alone thread, apart from the Kadet thread is the proper place. I did the same.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:50 AM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't get it Zor, if you want to start a thread go ahead and do it, but do it for the right reasons...that is to show/share with others what you are capable of doing with the God given talents that you have. The thread will be yours and you can do what and how you see fit. If you don't then that's OK too...
Old 12-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zor
My knowledge and experience over 60 years comes from my constant personal efforts _ _ _ it was not given to me as a talent. I have no intention of showing any superiority or looking down at others. It would be only for showing the way I build and do the modifications with explanations why I do them.

Zor
That is exactly why we would like to see your build thread.

Either start one or don't.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:45 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Zor,

You stated that you have already spent $500.00 to date on the Kadet project that was going to be a thread about modifications and proper bond lines according to Zor. Nobody is going to band you for starting your own thread in the kit building forum on this topic so lets not go off the deep end over this. Your pride is hurt, I get that, but just get back on that horse and ride because nobody really judges how you fell, but how you rise from that fall. You and I both know that we will never see eye to eye on gluing construction methods and crash proofing, you know what, who cares this will be your thread and you control how your airplane will be built and how the story will be told. It is that simple.

Bob
Old 12-29-2014, 08:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I've cleaned up this thread a bit as there as been quite a bit here that didn't belong. I'm not going to drag out my administrative business here in this thread, but there are issue ongoing here that I have been dealing with for many years, and one member seems to think that he can garner pity from the membership instead of facing up to the reality that his time may be up here at RCU. I to apologize to those members here in the thread that got dragged into this, but I will assure that it's not going to happen again.

Ken

Last edited by RCKen; 12-30-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Redtail_Customs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new but going to add my 2 cents here both methods will work if done right ! . my first RC kit was built in 75 and built U control in the mid 60's have not had a failure . And have used both methods .

Jim