Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig Kavalier Refresh

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Kavalier Refresh

Old 02-12-2021, 07:41 PM
Broken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sig Kavalier Refresh

So I acquired a Sig Kavalier built from a kit by someone many years ago. The original builder did a great job but the years have not been kind. I have had it for a few weeks and I decided that it needed a new look. It was in really bad shape and not airworthy when I got it. The photos show what it looked like when I got it (black). What it looks like now (wood). And what I want it to look like when I am done. Apologies to whoever has the finished version that I am copying. I think it looks really sharp.

Old 02-14-2021, 06:29 PM
carlgrover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great. I like the wheel pants. Good thing you changed the color. Black would have been pretty hard to see in the sky.

Carl
Old 02-17-2021, 05:16 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was my second plane after learning to fly on a Sig Kadet. Did my first loops and rolls with the Kavalier, even a little inverted flight. The wing broke just ahead of the wing bolts on a hard pull to vertical, still can remember the trajectory of the fuselage as the wing flopped in the air in front of me. Man that was a long time ago. Great flying plane at any rate.