Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need a fuel proof sealing coat

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need a fuel proof sealing coat

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 04:03 PM
YellowBlueBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system three paint has arrived

Old 08-31-2021, 12:47 PM
gaharit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to look for a reliable and sturdy putty that was so effective that even windows and doors would hold on to it for many years, too. I think I did manage to find a caulk for exterior windows and doors and more.
When I first tried it, I could not believe my eyes because it is more reliable than superglue, but it is odorless. That is what attracted me to this product, which I now use very often.
I am more than sure that you need to have a reliable and powerful tool for this case, so I can share what helped me.

Last edited by gaharit; 08-31-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:38 AM
Rubbernecker
My Feedback: (22)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So yellowbluebird, have you tried it yet?

John
Old 09-08-2021, 10:27 AM
YellowBlueBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not yet. Very little time for airplanes. In addition to everything else we got hit by lighting. All gfis in my shop blew along with all of the led lighting. Also the water pump, garage door opener and video and music system are gone. this happened mid August and it is now 2 oclock on the eighth of September and I am just completing todays effort to get things going.

Oh how I would love to have this time to work on my airplanes that need painting.

Jerry .
Old 09-11-2021, 05:51 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Eastwood 2K clear in a can is great stuff. Catalized with the push button on the bottom to activate. Comes gloss and flat.

Last edited by vertical grimmace; 09-11-2021 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Eastwood 2K clear in a can is great stuff. Catalized with the push button on the bottom to activate. Comes gloss and flat.
Nitro/ethanol safe?
Old 12-29-2021, 07:03 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

For reference, regarding high shipping cost previously mentioned, I found this supplier for Pennant: Duckworks

I ordered 4 oz of clear, and shipping was a more reasonable $10.75. I will experiment with it, and if it seems acceptable, then it will become my new fuelproof top coat for future models that I build.