Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Dazzler mods

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Dazzler mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 11:53 PM
wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dazzler mods

K guys got this one for christmas, anything I aughta change/improve during the build?
Old 12-28-2003, 03:22 AM
PlagueWielder

Default RE: Dazzler mods

Make the rudder bigger, and also add that little section that connects to the body (dunno what its called).. so it looks like those huge extras and edges... Put an OS61FX on it.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:02 AM
loopnspin

Hi wheels,

Congrats on getting this plane for Christmas. I had one about 3 years ago and literally wore it out. I used an OS 40 FX with mine and found it to be a very good match for this plane. Especially considering that space for the fuel tank is pretty limited. About the only thing that I would modify if I were to build another is to side-mount the engine to save the huge fuel residue mess that will get on it from mounting it the way the instructions suggest. I would also wait to install the capstrips of balsa that go on top of the ribs until after you have installed the wing through the fuselage. It will be just as easy to do it after. It just made getting the wing through the fuse more difficult doing it before. Do yourself a favor and take your time fitting the wing through the fuse as the instructions state. Also have some chalk handy as the instructions say for installing the turtle deck. It will make it much easier. If you don't want to bother using the paper tubes to run the servo leads for the ailerons servos, simply run string through the servo openings on the wings into the servo compartment of the fuselage and tape them in place before you cover so you can tie them to the leads and pull them through. Don't hesistate to ask anything if you are unsure about any part of assembly. This is a really fun plane. It was my third plane built from kit and I had mine from the box into the air in about 3 and half weeks. Good luck.

Jeff

Jeff
Old 01-02-2004, 03:19 PM
wheels

THANKS GUYS,

It's my third kit as well Jeff, I've been flyin about five years now but just discovered the joy of building, I've completed a sig SE and a Goldberg anniversary cub so far and haveing read the instructions I don't anticipate any problems. I had allready planned on side mounting the engine, I've done that on my SE.The cap strip siuggestion is a great one and something I wouldn't have thought of myself.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:27 AM
bentgear

wheels, if you use balsa triangle stock glued on to the surface instead of sanding down the bevels at the aileron, elevator and rudder hinge joints you will add length and its a lot easier.

The kit builds a lot lighter than the ARF. I went as light as I could, OS 32 SX, Hitec 85MG servos, smaller fuel tank and 300 mah Nimh battery. Was able to hover and pull out. Good vertical. Very light flying plane.

Ed M.