Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

TF 60 Corsair Retract Question

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

TF 60 Corsair Retract Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 07:10 PM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 60 Corsair Retract Question

60 size Corsair and hopefully will install the sierra gear--failing that, CJ's.

NO experience with retracts. I've been waiting for the Sierra gear (to no avail) and have got to the point where I'm starting the center wing section. Inst says to cut the holes for the retracts per retract mfg instructions.

I realize that the sierra's aren't here yet but--->I see on the plans that it's a U-shaped hole on the edge of the ply former.

IS it necessary to cut it out now (have to guess at the size/dimensios) or is that something that can really wait till/if the gear arrives?
Old 02-21-2004, 09:33 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: TF 60 Corsair Retract Question

Cutting all the notches and u shapes needs to be done as the wing is being built. Without knowing what the Sieera gear is going to look like it would be hard to make the brackets. I believe that Top Flite typically make the die cuts and mounts for the Robart retracts, althought the CJM retracts will work just fine if the needed cutouts are made as construction progresses. Maybe you could find out if Sierra has templates available yet. Good Luck, Dave
Old 02-21-2004, 09:35 PM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave. Somehow, I knew someone was going to tell me that. []
Old 02-22-2004, 09:35 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sorry, just trying to eliminate some aggrivation in your life later on. Good Luck with the plane, they are sweethearts once they are finished. Dave