Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Pica Waco

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Pica Waco

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pica Waco

Has anyone built and flown the Pica Waco 60 inch 1/6 scale kit?? If so what did you think? Is it A good acrobatic plane? I plan on stuffing A YS110 in it for go power and was wondering if it would hold together under high G moves.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:32 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pica Waco

I have, but not for aerobatics. Way too draggy. Flew quite scale like with an OS 70 surpass. With your power plant, I suspect that you will tear the wings off of it. If you want aerobatics, you would probably be better off with an Ultimate, or something similar.

Les
Old 03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
Ernest-T
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pica Waco

I agree with LesUyeda. The Pica WACO is a light, but draggy biplane. The airfoil is a flat bottom shape, and its really not designed for high speed aerobatics. It likes nice slow lazy loops, hammer heads, etc.. I've had 2 of the 60 sized ones, and with a standard 90 4 stroke it is over powered. I also think that engine would be happier in an Ultimate, Pitts, etc.. Or you could put it in the larger Pica WACO (and it would still be overpowered).