Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig Hog Bipe build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Hog Bipe build

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 11:43 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Hog Bipe build

oh yea.. modifications:

I kept the gear where it was, and if I wanna move it I'll add some ply and move them up. Doing the dual aileron servo's, and gonna make a tank hatch to increase the fuel tank if 14oz aint enough.

thinking about smoke on her gonna figure that part out after the season is over and have time to mess with it. Don;t know what mine is going to weigh, and don't wanna make it much heavier then the recommendations.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:48 PM
swooper

Joe, I shortened the nose 1/2-inch for my TT .91 4-stroke and it balanced nicely, but I can't run a spinner (too heavy). Therefore, I don't think you need all that nose length with this heavy engine. Here's mine in Ultracote.

www.ida.net/users/paulbrab
Old 09-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Nuker

I put a 14x6 prop on my Saito .91. Great combo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26706.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	174147  
Old 09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
hans
My Feedback: (2)

Just fineshed my HOGBIPE!! Red and yellow monokote. I'll try that 14x6 this will be my first bipe is there anything I should know before the maiden flight??
Old 09-17-2004, 09:56 AM
skydeuce
My Feedback: (30)

I built one a few years back, then bashed it to a Pitts wannabee. The windshield gave me fits, so I made a solid canopy, ditched the headrest, and made a sportier look out of it. I flew it off of a OS .61 with great results. Stronger tailwheel and landing gear were my first mods after flying the first few times. I learned quickly that with some biplanes two wings equal more lift, but also more drag.

I tried bashing it, unsuccessfully, into a Pitts wannabee. I added foam to the fuse sides to beef it out and put a Super Chipmunk cowl on the front. Changed the tail to more rounded control surfaces. Then it came out really heavy. Looked cool, but really flew like a hog after all of that. I couldn't make it go through loops without falling out 3/4 of the way up. Stall turns were a breeze though....

I still have the wings in perfect condition if anybody is interested. I could probably let them go for really cheap, I was thinking of buying a replacement fuse kit, but then bought a Skybolt instead.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Nuker

Hans just remember to apply a little right rudder on takeoff and remember to have fun

Bob
Old 10-06-2004, 09:23 AM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Well, about a month later and I am finally done

Got some images as well. Put in ALOT of time on it (probably 200 - 300 hours total). Going to maiden it out at the field today / tomorrow / friday / sat / sun...

Oh yea, on the covering job.... going to do the same thing on the feathers that I did on the tops of the wings... red leading edge and a blue strip with stars cut out.

Bottoms are white now (no time to get detailed, wanna make sure she flies good first and is worth the effort ) but I plan on doing the middle of the wings by the fuse with blue and cut out stars, and extending towards the wingtips red stripes so the bottoms will loook like the american flag. It's my little homage to the men and women who fight for our freedom. least I could do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46572.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	180106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87523.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	180107  
Old 10-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Looks great Crash, I got one in the box, still trying to figure out witch winter project I'm going to tackle, the kits are starting to pile up rather fast, lot's of planes that I want, but no time to build them[:@]
Joe[8D]
Old 03-07-2017, 12:52 PM
F4 Phantom blue angles

I built a Hog Bipe once,It preaty straight forward,Except the only challange was lining up your wing stand offs. And you want to make shure your ailorons for top and bottom wing have identical throw.