Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sanding ailerons on GP 300 extra 60

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sanding ailerons on GP 300 extra 60

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 10:34 PM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanding ailerons on GP 300 extra 60

Hello all,
I am currently Hello all,
I am currently building the GP 300 extra .60 I am at the point where I'm constructing the ailerons. Per instructions I have pinned the 1/16 th balsa sheet on the board and glued the leading edge to the balsa sheet and glued the aileron ribs to the sheet. The instructions state to sand the leading edge which is 3/8 square balsa flush with the aileron ribs and end of the balsa sheet. Are there any tips I could get to do this, it seems that the aileron is approx 2!QUOT! wide by approx 18!QUOT! long and it would be very difficult to get this to be an even product when done. I hope I explained myself enough. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pat
Old 11-17-2004, 12:20 AM
cruzmissile

Default RE: Sanding ailerons on GP 300 extra 60

One way is to have the trailing edge of the aileron over an edge of a table and have a flat sanding bar use to sand the leading edge and the last bit of the aileron to be sanded even with the ribs.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:20 AM
DrFun
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Sanding ailerons on GP 300 extra 60

Put your straoght edge on the rib where it tocuhes LE and with razor plane remove as much as you can.

Cover the ribs with some maskin tape, so when you are sanding it will protect them, not too much tough, just will help you.

Then send it and stop when you see you are taking masking tape,