Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Jack Stafford Cessna 120/140

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Jack Stafford Cessna 120/140

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 07:48 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Good looking bird!
Does anyone know if Jack Stafford Models is still in business? I haven't been able to find it.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 11-17-2021 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:39 AM
ExtraCGScott

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Good looking bird!
Does anyone know if Jack Stafford Models is still in business? I haven't been able to find it.
Back in 2017, I order a few items from Steve Ort who had ran leisure models (I believe he owned the right to the Stafford line). Very quick turn around for my order! I am not sure if he is still in business, but you could try him at:

[email protected]
Old 11-27-2021, 03:35 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello, Steve Ort here. LeisureRcModels.com is still alive and well.
However, Patrick Wallace now owns Jack Stafford Models along with Solo Props and CPK.
You can e mail him at [email protected]
Old 11-27-2021, 05:41 PM
ExtraCGScott

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldScaleGuy
Hello, Steve Ort here. LeisureRcModels.com is still alive and well.
However, Patrick Wallace now owns Jack Stafford Models along with Solo Props and CPK.
You can e mail him at [email protected]
Thank you for the update Steve!! Good to know.

​​​​
Old 03-04-2022, 08:48 PM
9secstang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am so glad someone is building this plane

I have the Cessna 140 which has been sitting for a good 10 years, this thread has helped me out alot i was having the same issues with the wing and i was wondering if you knew anyone who may have a Windsheild an windows for this plane and maybe a cowl and landing gear. I bought the plane half assembled the wings were built but the fuse was half built. So i had to get that sorted out by pictures an some friends finding measurements for the vertical an horizontal stab so since that has all been done but i don’t have a landing gear or a cowl or windshield and have been looking high and low and never seem to be able to locate them.
The following users liked this post:
TimC (03-04-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 02:16 AM
Sneakers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9secstang
I have the Cessna 140 which has been sitting for a good 10 years, this thread has helped me out alot i was having the same issues with the wing and i was wondering if you knew anyone who may have a Windsheild an windows for this plane and maybe a cowl and landing gear. I bought the plane half assembled the wings were built but the fuse was half built. So i had to get that sorted out by pictures an some friends finding measurements for the vertical an horizontal stab so since that has all been done but i don’t have a landing gear or a cowl or windshield and have been looking high and low and never seem to be able to locate them.
Hi. My cowl was built as per the plans. No fiberglass ones that I know of are available. It was pretty simple to build. Windshield is just clear sheet plastic that is formed around to make it. My landing gear was one I picked up somewhere in my travels and modified to fit. I have no idea what it originally came from.
TimC (03-05-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 02:52 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Patrick Wallace now owns Jack Stafford Models, please contact him at [email protected]
Fiberglass cowls are available here. Fiberglass Specialties Inc Catalog
TimC (03-05-2022)