Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Thanks to GP Slow Poke owners/fliers

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Thanks to GP Slow Poke owners/fliers

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 10:11 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Thanks to GP Slow Poke owners/fliers

I recently picked and am in the process of building a 40 size GP Slow Poke. I wanted to post a quick thank you to anyone who has ever talked about this airplane on the internet (here on RCU and other forums). I read everything I could find on this plane before I started building. I came away with one hard fact, that this plane builds tail heavy. I had read where most people were putting 6-12 oz of weight in the nose to balance. So when I started building I planned on moving everything I could as far forward as I could. I also lightened the tail wherever I could. As a result I was able to balance with just 2 oz of weight in the nose. I'm really happy.

Plane is balanced and ready to cover. here are a couple of "in the bones" pics of it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83502.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	199070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74311.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	199071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69882.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	199072  
Old 12-04-2004, 09:13 AM
RhyanO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thanks to GP Slow Poke owners/fliers

Very nice job!

I too am looking at this kit.
Its good tosee that you are using a 4 stroke... I think that will be the "icing on the cake" for this plane.

Let us know how it flys.

A video of it flying would be sweet also.

Good job,
Ryan
Old 12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me echo the congratulations. I had a small one that was a nightmare as it was tail heavy and you did the right thing lightening the tail. I have a .40 sized ARF I've been working on and should finish soon. It will have a Magnum .52FS in the nose.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:44 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I can't wait to get it finished and flying too. I have been flying it on Real Flight and it's a blast to fly. if the real plane is even close to the simulator it's going to be great.

I originally bought this kit and engine from somebody who was getting out of the hobby, and had planned on reselling it at a swap meet. But I starting looking at it and thinking that some slow would be a nice chance of pace from going 100 mph all the time. So I searched the web and found a lot of flyers saying great things about it, so I decided to keep it an build it myself. I really can't wait to get it up when it's finished.

A buddy of mine sent this link because he knows that I'm building one. Don't think I'm going to have this much power, but then again that's not what this plane was designed for

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/my_n...2345025/tm.htm