Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Wing Twist Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Wing Twist Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 08:21 PM
seanb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Twist Problem

I am assembling my first kit a Goldberg Tiger 2 and everything was going fine with the wing assembly untill now. everything was aligned perfect , i was using the provided supports to build the wing, the 2 halves were joined without incident. Actually i was just about done with the wing and had it off the table to do some sanding -when i set it back down tonight on the supports i built it on- the right trailing edge corner is about a half inch off the supports and the rest of the wing sits level. what can i do? the wing has been perfect for two days and now its twisted, what causes this, and is my wing beyond hope?
Old 12-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Hurri

Default RE: Wing Twist Problem

If you have glued it together correctly then best fix is --- Get abottle of ammonia & cut some with 50% water , to cut down smell . , ok soak some on the wing /airframe,use paper towel is best , then pack the wing up solid with packing . clamps etc . When you clamp it , GO PAST the point where you want it square , as it will come back still with the twist you mention if you don't , so leave it weighted down overnite & take clamps off in morning . If ok , & it is a flimsy wing , cover carefully after it is true as soon as possible . Good luck
Old 12-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Hurri

Hurri back - forgot to mention , of course wing will be on a flat bench top to weight down &clamp !!!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:19 PM
CrashGaalaas
My Feedback: (8)

I recently found my Sig Fazer wing was warped, leading edge was ok but trailing edge was off 3/8" at one end. This was before I covered it. Soaked it good and weighted it down in place to dry. Now it is perfectly straight. So it is worth giving a a try.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:26 AM
seanb

i am trying alot of weight overnight and wiping down the wing with a wet sponge every couple of hours