Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

First Kit / Third plane

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

First Kit / Third plane

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:58 AM
gazevedo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Kit / Third plane

I started with a RTF trainer and then moved on to an ARF T-34 from WM. The T-34 is great and will be my every day plane for a while, but I would like to start building a kit and I need suggestions. I would like a challenge, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew for my first kit. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I read some previous posts, everyone seems to point to a Sig 4 * 40/60 but I was wondering if that would be similar to my T-34. Please feel free to tell me if I am incorrect.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:31 PM
aerobatixkid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First Kit / Third plane

sig SE - nuff said
Old 12-13-2004, 05:00 PM
bugleboy
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: gp300

sig SE - nuff said
Second that!

http://www.bugleboy.rchomepage.com/se.php
Old 12-13-2004, 05:59 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sig 4*, Gp Rapture, or if you feel you're ready for it, get a GP Ultra Sport +
Old 12-13-2004, 09:01 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Well, I just built the Carl Goldberg Chipmunk. I think they fly great and the kits could not be any easier to build.

Another great kit is the Super Sportser and I like the 40 size in particular. But it is just a little more difficult to build.

A just commented on Kougar to someone considering that kit. It may be out of production, but I see them on ebay constantly. Great great kit that will fly in the windyest conditions. And it is a foam wing, sheeted with balsa, box fuselage with a small plastic turtle deck. Very easy to build and flys great.

Stiks were always popular and very straight forward to build.

These are all relatively easy kits that are big on performance. I have seen the 4* 's around and I consider thier performance to be just a little on the low side.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:39 PM
DVI

Kingwoodbarney
I happen to be building the Goldberg Chipmunk and I am Approx 80% complete. I plan to power it with a OS61FX engine with a pitts muffler and a perry fuel pump. I know it will be no vertical machine and hope for decent performance.
Anyway just wondering how you powered yours?
Old 12-14-2004, 05:53 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

DVI,

I used the same OS 61 , no pump amd a slimline pitts muffler. Great tank pressure and fuel flow not a problem. At 7 pounds the vertical is very good.

So far I have flown it exactly once. Cowl srews were loose and nearly vibrated clear through, so I took it home.

I only got to check top end performance and fuel flow at attitudes and throttle settings. Good.

I haven't yet checked the low speed performance, and that is what I bought the plane to do, slow aerobatics.

My incedence seems off quite a bit. Everything had measured zero zero with maybe 1 dgree down in the engine.

With nearly full down trim axial rolls wobbled. I will adjust the saddle and possibly the engine thrust.

Plane stays very clean and looks good in the air.

Dogon it ! I'm at work and can't post a pic. There is one in scale under art's chipmunk.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Transam

I am building a GP RV-4. This is my first kit and have not run into any problems so far. And at $97 the price couldn't be much better. So many choices so few $. Enjoy what ever you get.

T/A