Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

1/4 lanier laser

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

1/4 lanier laser

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 09:09 AM
sportyxls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 lanier laser

hello guys I have built a couple planes but i was wondering if anyone is familier with this kit because I took it out the other day and before i get started with it I thought I would see if there is anyone with some advise on this plane before I start. I have a 22CC leaf blower engine I am thinking about using and I figured for radio gear i was going to use JR700 reciever with JR DS811 servos any advice on this kit would be great!! thanks
Old 12-25-2004, 09:47 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 lanier laser

I have built this kit twice, and I may build it again, as I like it so much. Working with the foam wing is a little different. You will need to cut a tunnel for the aileron servo wires to come through. I used a 1/2" (or so) brass tube, sharpened and filed "teeth" on one end. This makes a good cutting tool for this task. Keep the fuse structure light.

This is a great flying plane, very "buoyant" in the air. I don't think your blower engine is a good choice... much too heavy. This is a 1/4 scale plane, but it's not very large. The original laser was a pretty small aircraft. Mine were powered by ASP 1.08, not as strong as an OS 1.08, but a very good combination, and the other with a Magnum 1.20 2 stroke (a little overpowered, but still a great combination).

Be sure to install the tail flying wires. Lots of weight back there, but essential, as the tail feathers are light construction. Enjoy!