Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Superchipmnunk Canopy

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Goldberg Superchipmnunk Canopy

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 AM
bluestratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Superchipmnunk Canopy

Is the goldberg canopy made of different material then the greatplanes cub? Is it paintable with topflights lustercote paint or will it warp like the cubs canopy did? Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:25 AM
x-craft
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Goldberg Superchipmnunk Canopy

I painted the windshield for my Great planes 90 cub and my goldberg Chipmunk with Lustrecote and had no trouble with either one. Here is a photo of my chipmunk canopy. I also have built the goldberg cub and had no trouble with lustecote with that one either. How thick are you laying the paint on? How are you prepping? I just wash, tape and spray, no trouble with peeling, flaking, lifting etc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25546.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	258125  
Old 04-14-2005, 12:40 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice cockpit,x-craft.

I, too, have used LustreKote on canopies. I've experienced no problems.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:48 PM
bluestratos

Yes, I preped the canopy by washing then gently wet sanding the areas. The cub windshield warped terribly, not right away but by morning it was curled around the edges. There was only a small band of paint in some areas and even they curled. I did not put too much paint on becuase the more paint you apply in the cub yellow the darker it gets. I covered it in supercoverite fabric... and now I remember that I used the coverite paint, not lusterkote. Must be the coverite paint that is different. Sure made a mess of my canopy