Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Saito 100 twin in a goldberg chipmonk

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Saito 100 twin in a goldberg chipmonk

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:05 PM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saito 100 twin in a goldberg chipmonk

Hello; I have a wonderful goldberg chippy, in RCAF colours. It had a Saito 80 in it, worked great.

I also have a NIB Saito 100 twin that I bought for a GB Suhkoi, but won't be big enough for, that I would like to use.

Has anyone seen this combination before? Any Ideas?
Old 04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
donkey doctor

Default RE: Saito 100 twin in a goldberg chipmonk

Hello; I should have said that it is the horizpntally opposed 100, not the inline twin.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:44 PM
damifino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At 29 ounces for the Twin 100 you'll be adding a good bit of weight to your plane. Although I don't know from experience, I imagine you'd be disappointed with the twin in a Chipmunk. I've heard the Saito 100T performs about like a .72. I've got one of 'em too and I think it will end up in Cub. Just my thoughts...........How about it out there? Any experienced twin cylinder guys watching this?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used one of the Saito 100 twins about 10 years back in an Altech Pilatus Porter. It was an ok but unremarkable powerplant, not too powerful and not as smooth as the OS FT120. I replaced it with a OS 90 fourstroke single which was substantially more powerful.
Think that it would be great in a Cub but a disapointment in a Chipmunk.
I regularly fly a OS FT160 in a H-9 CAP232 and find it is a great sport aerobatic ship with a great exhaust note coming from those twin pipes.
ORIGINAL: damifino

At 29 ounces for the Twin 100 you'll be adding a good bit of weight to your plane. Although I don't know from experience, I imagine you'd be disappointed with the twin in a Chipmunk. I've heard the Saito 100T performs about like a .72. I've got one of 'em too and I think it will end up in Cub. Just my thoughts...........How about it out there? Any experienced twin cylinder guys watching this?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:16 PM
donkey doctor

Hello; Thanks for the help. I just want scale performance, I have a Funtana for outtasight vertical flying.