Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

4* 40 engine position

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

4* 40 engine position

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 11:33 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4* 40 engine position

Hi Guys,

Maybe I am a worry-wart. I am putting the finishing touches on my new 4* 40. One thing I noticed was that I somehow managed to position the engine mounts lower than they are supposed to be. To give you an idea, I am installing the OS 46AX engine in my plane. I am probably going to have to trim away a small section of the right fuselage cheek.....probably have to remove about 1/4 inch to 1/3 inch off the top of the cheek, to allow for clearance of the muffler.

What do ya think? Big deal, from a flying perspective? I know I can trim it up and make it look nice with my dremmel tool.

-Tom
Old 05-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Shogun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4* 40 engine position

All of the 4 star 40's I have built, 3 kits and 1 ARF, required about that much wood be removed from the right cheek to clear the muffler. All of those planes had .46FX's on them and they all flew great.

Get ready because the 4 star .40 with a ball bearing .46 is simply the best combination of slow speed easy flying fun and high speed nail biting excitement you can get with one airplane. I have a friend that is a cop that also flies with us, he came out with the cruiser to the field one afternoon and we all took turns flying at his radar gun. My dad's 4 star clocked 95 mph in level flight which is nothing to sneeze at.

You will love that plane once you get it done and in the air.