Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Accessories after wood work

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Accessories after wood work

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:22 AM
sunnyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessories after wood work

Any one knows what to do next after completion of wood work of Kobra RC-53 and what sort of accessories are needed after the completion of wood work. [>:]

Nanak Singh
Old 05-13-2005, 12:01 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Accessories after wood work

HI Nanak, Don't know why nobody is jumping in to help. The Kobra is a great little plane. You will need:
an engine and engine mount, suitable screws, blind nuts etc.
Propeller and if you desire a spinner to go with it
fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel line filter
Radio set, 4 servos, switch harness, a mount for the switch harness is nice, battery
Two push rods for the elevator & rudder, control horns for elevator & rudder. I use z-bends on the servo ends for these rods.

Aileron control horn set, if you kit doesn't have one.
Throttle push rod or a cable, Throttle arm clevis (use nylon), EZ connector on throttle servo
Wheels and wheel collars.
Covering and paint for the plastic turtle deck
Adhesives

Pardon me for saying, but if you don't know about these required accessories which are basic, I think that you have no experience in flying. So I would say that unless you have an experienced instructor you will damage or wreck the Kobra on it's first flight. A trainer would be better to start with.
Hope this helps........I will be gone for a few days so won't be around to answer any more Q's.