Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Plan Protector ??????

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Plan Protector ??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 01:54 PM
Kaos Rulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plan Protector ??????

RC Builders,
Can you use 3M 77 adhesive spray on the plan protector? I like to build on a hard, flat kitchen counter top ( not the wife's) that does not allow use of pins. I therefore use the 77 spray on top of the plans and ahere wax paper that also receives the 77 spray to adhere the balsa. This technique is usually reserved for the fuse and works well. I'm just wondering if the plan protector would work in place of the wax paper, as I have read that very little sticks to it. Has anyone tried this?

ED
Old 11-21-2002, 02:04 PM
TerrellFlyer

Hi Ed, yes it works.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:29 PM
spd37

Ed,
You also might want to check out a product called re-mount. I'm not sure if that is the correct spelling. It is similar to 77 but is used for things that you would like to pull up and stick down again and again. If you sprayed it on the plan protector and then layed it down on the plans it would stick together, when you are done with building you could pull the plan protector off and the plans will be clean with no glue from the spray. I have not used re-mount for this purpose but I have used it on other things and it works very well. If you want a stronger hold you can apply 2 coats of re-mount. You should be able to find it at art supply stores. I believe it is mostly used by photographers on the back of pictures. Just another idea for you.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:31 PM
Kaos Rulz

OUTSTANDING! -- Thanks GUYS