Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Embat Conversion

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Embat Conversion

Old 01-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Embat Conversion

A few years ago I noticed a sleek e-powered kit marketed by Aveox called the Embat. As I was not doing electrics at that time I thought that it might make a nice conversion to glow power. But by the time I decided to act Aveox dropped the kit. Acting on an impulse a few months ago I did a search on eBay and was surprised to find that some more kits had been produced by the designer, Bob Sliff, and I bought one.

This is a simple design and the only modification was to cut the nose and make a new firewall. Wingspan is 50", wing area is 375 sq.in. and weight is 34.5 oz. with an OS.15LA engine. With the firewall as I positioned it there is 2 oz. of lead under the crankcase for balance. (I hate that!) Flying will wait till our club parking lot and field dry out in the spring, alas.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65174.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	386780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51496.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	386781  
Old 01-13-2006, 12:10 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Embat Conversion

Sweet! Me likey, that thing looks like it will be hellafast. Could you maybe post a link on where to find one.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Dsegal

Default RE: Embat Conversion

You might try contacting the designer at [email protected]