Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Killer Kaos wing instructions?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Killer Kaos wing instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 03:16 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killer Kaos wing instructions?

Does anyone have the instructions for building the above wing using the 3/32" wires for an alignment jig? I'm doing the first wing panel using the the 1/2" blocks and it's a real PITA.

My kit's from 1995 and doesn't have the wire jig instructions in it.

TIA,

CR
Old 11-22-2002, 05:26 PM
Redwind

I just purchased a Killer Chaos kit and the instructions do not mention a wire jig. You my want to contact Joe Bridi about the jig. I'm sure he will be happy to help you. 310-326-5013

Let me know what you find out. It will be a while before I build the plane but would like to know about the jig.

Charlie
Old 11-22-2002, 07:46 PM
Charley

Direct Connections made a Kaos kit that reportedly had instructions for the jig, the 11 blocks and another method using 3 blocks. One guy had a DC Kaos and had two sets of instructions. I sent him a PM asking for the dimensions of the jig blocks but he wouldn't or couldn't tell me. He probably had tossed the instructions or couldn't find them and didn't want to admit it. Gave me some song and dance about how I was better off using the 11 blocks since I'd framed one panel that way! Sheesh!

Bridi didn't answer the phone # you gave me, which is on the web site, when I tried to call them yesterday and the day before.

Stay tuned....

CR

Anyway, I'll level up the two end ribs with the 3/32" wire in the slots and make some block to suit.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:51 PM
foxx

Charley ,
I have a DC koas and boy it is a flyer. When I get home I look at the the instruction manual. I build it few years a ago and I can not remember the wing jig. I let you know
Old 11-25-2002, 02:32 AM
Charley

Foxx.

If you still have wing plan, would you see if it shows the shear webs? My Bridi plan doesn't show them and the instructions say, "Add the shear webs." This comes after "Add the center sheeting." ;^) Seems a bit backwards especially since it implies there aren't shear webs in the first two bays.

I need to know how many bays out to extend the webs.

TIA,

CR