Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

first flight Taube 90

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

first flight Taube 90

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:24 PM
freebird1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first flight Taube 90

Hi

I am just about ready to take the first flight with my 90 Taube . I CG her right with the book. She is however a little Diff. to say the least. Maloney 100, Lights, Gun, Bomb drop, worldtex silver, and tail wheel. Lots of work went into her. Is there any advise you can give on my first flight. I only had to add 2 1/4 Oz to the tail to cg her. Are the throws in the book right. I went with dowl and 4 40 rods for the rudder, and sig semi flex Golden rod on the El. I double braced at both end and in the middle. I do not like the El setup but it was the only thing I could think of to work rihgt. It is a long ways from the servo to the tail. I braced it well and hope it will not flex. Any help is greatful.

Thanks
Freebird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73329.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	430397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15309.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	430398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45850.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	430399  
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
[email protected]

Default RE: first flight Taube 90

freebird, mike here, i do not see from your pic's the bracing rods from the rudder post to the elevator hinge line.
i sure hope you put some in.
have you flown this bird yet ?
mike
Old 05-20-2006, 11:54 AM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello; Looking good. You might want a contrasting colour somewhere on the front to help you see it on approach. My Taube just about dissappears when it's coming towards you, so I put two little yellow tape pieces on the wings. You're right about the elevator golden rod, it needs to be braced well to give the elevator authority. If my Taube seems sluggish, it's the golden rods flexing, a dowell would have been a better idea on the elevator. My Taube flies with a Laser 100, and leaps off the ground in 15 feet or so, I rarely get over half throttle, and the Taube will maintain altitude at idle. Low idle with the Laser is really low (1500 rpms) so it's a real floater. I am sure you will enjoy your Taube, I sure enjoy mine.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

I have been flying a BUSA Taube 90 for years...with just a Saito 80 for power. With that small motor, it took a bit of lead up front to get the CG correct, and as you may expect, it is a slow docile flyer. I can coax it through a very slow roll, but it does try to fall out of it...probably due to it being a bit underpowered and slow. It floats well, and I even played around with programing the Tx so I can droop both ailerons and have them act as flaps,....it'll do some nice, low & amazingly slow fly-bys that way, and if there is a bit of head wind, it'll nearly stand still. Not an exciting plane to fly, but it makes a good showing at special events.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:03 PM
freebird1

OK I have been pulling my hair out over that maloney engine I put on my taube. I finally got to maden her and it took for ever to get it off the ground. This engine is a bad egg. Trust me! The motor was a big flop. I am currently installing a Zenoah 23. It is a little lighter and will have a lot more RPM and power. I will report! O yea, you need a lot more AL and El throw than the book calls for.

Later
Freebird
Old 06-28-2006, 02:26 AM
MSS999

Hi Freebird 1,

Keep us posted about the Zenoah installation. I have the BUSA Taube 40 kit and really like the look of the model. I am thinking of a Taube 90 with a Honda GX25 four stroke converted gas engine. The Taube 90 may need to be enlarged somewhat to take the weight of this engine at around 4.7lb.

How much does your model weight and how much of that is the egine?

Thanks.

Maninder.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:12 AM
freebird1

Hi all

I finally have a good match. The Zenoah went right on. I did however have to cut away from the fuse side to get the 23 mounted. I could have limited this by buying an after market muffler. I had 2 good flights. I used a 16x8 prop and the taube did not like it to well, so I am going to try a 15x6 10 or a 15x10. I do not know for sure what my total weight is but would say the engine is around 3 1/4 lb. As far as the engine you are plannning to use I would say it is two heavy. The landing gear is wire and is not ment to carry thay much weight. I get some flex. I had to add 1 1/2 Oz to the tail to get her to CG. Still she is to the nose a bit. If you use that engine and the counter weight she will be to heavy. She is an awesome bird with gas. get an engine around the 3 1/2 range. good luck and if I can be of any help I will be happy to do so.